Friday, April 22, 2011

It's Not about the Bunny, bunny. bunny...

Dear Loved Ones,

I collected bunnies for years and and years and years, then pared down to only the most precious, then put those away.... where? It's been like one big Easter egg hunt around my house this week!

Where, oh where were those silly rabbits hiding?
Angst turned into anger (at my own brain that had outwitted itself) and then into unhappiness at not being able to share my collection today, just a couple that had been on bookshelves.

Then last night as I lay my head down with my thoughts on what to post I remembered a something special I'd found in an Antique Mall in Kansas City and all my frustrations disappeared.
           It's Easter, Loved Ones, and for those of us who believe, it's not about bunnies...

My family lovingly calls these souvenirs "Jesus on the Half Shell" or as my daughter put it when I wondered why someone went from gluing shells in plaster with plastic flamingos to using a Crucifix instead: "Because, Mom, everything's better with Jesus in it".


Yes, it's tacky but it is also so joyful. A memory of a trip for someone, a find for me,  a reminder to all of faith and day-glo coral... perfect, isn't it?
                                                              Happy Easter to All!

And Happy Pink Saturday sponsored by Beverly at How Sweet The Sound

13 comments:

  1. It may be a serving of Jesus on the half shell, but it is the perfect souvenir to remind us of the cost for the trip to Calvary. One precious serving was all the world needed.
    Easter blessings for you (and your obviously just as funny) family.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't be more right! I love your daughter's comment,what a smart young lady. Happy Easter to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello:
    You are so right, it is not all about bunnies. Not at all sure it is entirely about Jesus in a shell but that, we feel, is probably closer to the truth of it all. And we so liked your daughter's approach that 'everything is so much better with Jesus in it'.

    Whatever, we wish you and your family a very happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is perfect and because of it we all have the blessing of eternal life. Thank you so much and Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie - yes, we are a funny group - this is Actually bought for a cousin's daughter and her minister hubby that I didn't trust to mail.

    Thanks all and hoping you all have a blessed holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! Happy Pink Saturday and a glorious Easter to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lovely weekend, and enjoy Easter, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a lovely and blessed weekend. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Helen Hartman - a big amen to your post! Don't you think Jesus loves being in a shell as much as being in a giant cathedral in Rome. Happy Easter to my favorite advice columnist! xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so great! I love your daughter's comment. Happy Easter! xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy, so true. Happy Easter Jorgelina (cool name), Lynne, dee, Kim (also cool names but I'd heard them before).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing ~ HPS & Happy Easter~

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...