Friday, April 8, 2011

So Quiet

Dear Helen Hartman,
Is it me or did the blog world just get really quiet?
                           Love to hear some good news.... or anything.

Dear Loved One,
It is quiet. If everyone is like Helen... oh, who are we kidding? No one is like Helen (not even Helen! I know the conventional wisdom says we should be ourselves but conventional people have NO IDEA how exhausting being one's self can be for some of us!) But good news, I do have.

Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Best Love Inspired of 2010:
(not promoting here, if anyone wants to read it, there are tons of used copies around for cheap or free, just sayin' Thanks to Romantic Times for the honor)

8 comments:

  1. I thought it was just me...but yes it does seem quiet in blogland. Maybe everyone is at the weekend yard sales and we'll learn what they found tomorrow!!! I'm on my way to one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry - there aren't even lots of blog posts, some days I have to do multiple session just to read all the great blogs and see all the goodies. Can't wait to see what people come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think when the weather gets nice, everyone heads outdoors! Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Helen,
    yesterday hubby and I went into a gorgeous store which claimed to make "Antiques of the Future." Their furniture was created with old-fashioned craftsmanship and fantastic attention to detail. But yours truly was appalled with the lack of dents and nicks that I associate with "real" furniture. Shouldn't there be a rule against selling gorgeous personality pieces without first dropping them from a great height, or at least allowing someone's fork-wielding toddler to have at it? Your thoughts?
    ~ Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely award to receive. Congrats!
    Have a sweet PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    FUN GIVEAWAY ends 4/10

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make a good point Charolette - but I recall as a kid my mom got onto the "antiqued" look and took her old bedroom suite and hit it with chains and hammers, then painted it blue, used this dark stain to make it look aged and THEN had a full on caniption when I thought that gave me free reign to carve my name in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Queen Helen I am following you back! I had to read out loud to my husband your "about me". Very funny! We must be related because I too am a queen - the Young Women in our church group at girl's camp call me "Queen Jackleen"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the award! I'm so impressed at how prolific you are.

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...