Friday, May 27, 2011

Best Behavior

Happy “Birthday” to Beverly’s 
Pink Saturday!
Helen really DOES try to behave herself but...
Dear Loved Ones,

Photos taking forever to load today so will simply share a Thanks to Beverly and congrats on three years of Pink Saturdays.
And a sweet quote from one of the 2 books (Original prices .75 and .50 cents! I paid a little more for my copies, but still less than a paperback goes for today!) by Peg Bracken:
On Etiquette: The heart of etiquette that matters is to rejoice that them that do rejoice and weep with them that weep…

And the summing up of I Didn’t Come Here To Argue, a book she calls “My Book of Answers to Questions I Never Got Asked” (Helen can SOOO relate) Peg Bracken says:
 The fact is, one’s life eventually contains quite a cast of characters, appearing at odd moments, then fading and appearing and fading again, like a Cheshire cat… hundreds of them, some with names some with no names; no matter, they’re indelibly there, and it is curious to think you are similarly materializing moment by moment in other people’s awareness too.
 . . .
I find it heartening to think about this curiously stubborn aliveness that one has in other minds. Like fireflies in firefly country. Or like stars – stars in a dark summer sky. Random instant after instant, look nearly anywhere and a light winks on.
The Palace Theatre in Louisville, Kentucky USA
Me again: The people I have met and am meeting through blogging are like that. You light my way and I thank you.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you, Annie, for being a bright spot in the blogging world. :) Love this spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for visiting me and glad that you enjoy my artwork! I've been painting for 3 years now and find it really challenging, but rewarding. It's quite a departure from teaching science to middle school students!
    Have a great weekend,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Helen:
    Your cheery blog shines out like a bright light, whether on a Pink Saturday or a Moody Monday.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We could all use a little light in our lives each day. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, Dear Helen! Blogging is yet another creative outlet allowing us to connect with friends we would never have met. You're a bright spot in my mind! xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same about you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need the I am not here to argue book for work!! Happy Pink Saturday!
    Ann A sentimental life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Dear Helen Sweetie...
    Happy Pink Saturday my precious friend. You are such a bright light in my daily blogging. I love to come over and see what wonderful advice you have. It brightens my heart, makes me smile, and allows me to hear laughter. Thank you for being such a wonderful blogger friend. I am so thrilled to have found you in this big world of blogging.

    Many hugs sweetie and so much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank y'all - I do have to figure out that email thing - dearhelenhartman@gmail.com - still working out this blogging thing. I love the things are learn and laugh about and long for in your blogs. I hope you all come back on Friday and leave a link so who stops in can pop over and see what you're all about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Pink Saturday, Dear Helen Hartman. Thank you for making Pink Saturday the special day it is.

    You are a smiling bright light for me, too.♥

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...