Thursday, June 9, 2011

Time is Running out and so am I

Dear Loved Ones

Helen feels like running away. No, not JUST because she is still slogging away on a deadline that is sucking all the fun out of her life but also because... Look what I just found!!!
Have avoided the whole suitcase craze. Almost gave in to temptation a time or two but decided they were too bulky and too... suitcasey until I say this one... it doesn't show well in the photo but it sparkles.
Yes, I did check the pockets and lining for diamonds or top secret microfiche. I'd tell you if I found them but then I'd have to kill you. After that I'd have to clean up and you know how Helen feels about cleaning.
 Helen is a glutton for sparkles. Case in point, she really needs to secure herself to her seat and stay there until her project is done and this recent find what she is thinking of using to tie herself in place:
Work is work but it doesn't have to look like work. We're not animals, people. Well, technically we are animals, I guess, but we are animals who understand the power of the right accessories.

Ever have a week like that? When you don't have time to stop and smell the roses?

Or weeks when you feel like the one that's the bad example in the Geritol Ad?

I wasn't shocked that they were the same age. I was shocked at what that age was. Care to Guess? (answer in comments)
Staying put long enough to visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday!
The good news is the project has to come to a conclusion soon. Next week: the hunt for a hat for cousin Pat!

Honestly, I think the photographer just started putting things from the kitchen table on these poor girls heads and calling it fashion, like when Fred and Ricky did that to Lucy and Ethel with the feed bag and bucket in Paris. I would never do that to my cousin. Bwahahahahahaha...

28 comments:

  1. I had a pink overnight case just like that when I was a kid! I loved that thing. Cool find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the "bulky...suitcasey" thing..:) And well they're all thrty-eight, but some haven't taken care of themselves...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Helen:
    Would you have room in that divine little suitcase for our things as well? So much more stylish than today's wheelie things with which one finds oneself doing battle at every airport or railway station.

    And where do you find all your wonderful things?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely case!
    I have 4 traincases atm... My husband thought I was weird so I put one up for sale...
    *lol* But when I see them I just cannot leave them at the store. They are sad sitting on those cold shelves.. seriously!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh i love that little case as if it sparkles it excites ;o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother owned that exact same traincase and used it on her honeymoon. I remember her beautiful blue luggage fondly. Best wishes with that deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I can't believe those women are 43! I don't want to sound bitchy but I can't pick the ones that were taking better care of themselves...or were you joking Ms Hartman?
    I love that case too and your little clock x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dana - PINK?? It makes me sigh to imagine it in pink.
    khushi - close, they are 43 - when I think of what 43(or older) looks like now - Ashley Judd, Jennifer Aniston, Salma Hayek, Sandra Bullock

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane and Lance - my best find come from the second time around look through, I go through places then turn and walk back through the opposite direction. Also, it seems I live in a place where what I like is not the norm so it gets left behind. Viva more tasteful people than me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coconut, Scarlet and Kim - that is so cool! My mom's suitcases were those smooth green with grayish trim and beige interiors that are pretty common finds. I never have wanted one because it would never be as magical as hers, because her 'make-up case' always smelled of her perfume, of mint (helps the tummy when you travel) and tobacco - because she hid ciggies in there and sometimes they got squished.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kylie - nope. 43! The year was 1964 or 67, not sure at this second which McCalls I pulled it from.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my goodness gracious, I'm just as shocked..43...they are 4 years younger than me in this pic..what the heckeroni..I thought you were going to say late 50's..lol. Serious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 43? I can't believe they are only a year younger than me! What a shocker!
    Love the sparkly case, I have case envy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. NONE of those women are only 43, not possible, it's magazine advertising trickery. Though I do recognize Helen Crump, Dr. Joyce Brothers, and one of the chicks from the Starship Enterprise!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought the magic number would be 50, especially since its a Geritol ad but nope. 43.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great find and you have an amazing imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had a red train case like that when I was a girl...and a suit case to match...I think my parents gave them to me when I was in Junior HS
    Pinkim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, 43? My goodness, I was thinking 60's. As my nephew would say, "For real?"

    Love the suitcase! You should take it to the next CCW conference!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 43? Good heavens! I have seen pictures of my mom when she was 40 and with the hair styles & glasses of those days she looked 60!
    Your blog is too fun! Happy Pink Saturday..xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  20. oooohhhh great find it is gorgeous. I hope things slow down for you real soon, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, that case is divine, what a beautiful colour. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! on that age! Great suitcase.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. 43!! goodness. Times have certainly changed - 50 is the new 30 today!

    I love the travel case!!

    Happy PInk Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh no not 43, please not 43. I'm 43! I cannot believe the difference in their looks - bet that ad wouldn't get through today would it;))? I can't stop staring at the pic! I absolutely adore your suitcase - haven't seen one like that for years! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there...I think that Helen deserves an award...so I have given you one...Please stop by my place and pick it up...TrulySimplyPink

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks Pinkim - wifi issues today - so will play along tomorrow evening with next post.

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...