Friday, October 7, 2011

Knocking off for the Weekend!

Dear Loved Ones,
In honor of Helen finding out last night she is hosting a houseful of guests this weekend a little lightheartedness (it’s so much less messy than murder, which was my first inclination). Happy Pink Saturday and Sunday… here, take a sip from Helen’s thermos… happy every day!

My finds this week:

Helen: Knock! Knock!
         You: Whos There?
PINK FLAMINGOS!
Pink Flamingos WHO?
 
Wrong! OWLS go Who, Pink Flamingos go… um…

A lone flamingo, perfect condition and cheap - cheep? What sound DO flamingos make?


Helen: Knock! Knock!
         You: Whos There?

Avocado Green.
Avocado Green Who?

Avocado Green candy dish, what ‘av you gotta?
I couldn't resist the pretty green plate or the swirly candlestick and once I had them, there was the E6000... it's becoming less of a hobby and more of a cry for help. Please, stop me before I bond again!


Helen: Knock! Knock!
         You: Whos There?

Physician Heel Thighs.
Physician Heel Thighs who?

Physician Heel Thighs Elf!

Yes! I knew it. High Heel shoes are made by magical elves... who wear lipstick, rouge and love those high kicks!


Helen: Knock! Knock!
         You: Whos There?


Orange dish.
Orange dish who?

Orange dish just de coolest dip server you’ve ever seen?

I almost passed it by because I thought it was dirty but, no it was antiqued. That's what I'm going to say when I can't wash my hair, it's not dirty it's antiqued. Oh, and those lines in my face? Just texturizing.


Helen: Knock! Knock!
         You: Whos There?

Bird feeder.
Bird feeder who?

Bird feeder baby and her baby want more!

How sweet is this? It reminded me of my kids - always with their mouths open and wanting something... the little sweeties.


Helen: Knock! Knock!
         You: Whos There?

Horny snail.
Horny snail who?

Honestly, what does this say about the 70s? Even the Viking Snails were whacked out of their minds? And yet, the second I saw it, I knew I had to have it. What does that say about me?
 I refuse to answer on the grounds that anything I say will sound naughty. In fact, Helen knows what you thought she was going to say and she’s thinking you should go wash you mind out with soap.
Or don’t.
Whichever is most likely to give you a happy weekend!

20 comments:

  1. A houseful of guests on one days notice, you're my hero! Lovin' the flamingo and dip dish, I'm feeling rather antiqued these days myself:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now every time I start to put on a shoe, I'm going to be afraid that there's a theatrically made-up elf in there. And I thought the fear of spiders and scorpions was bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You scored some awsome stuff Helen.
    That Flamingo = Fierce!
    Candy dish = Fancy FUN
    Elf Shoe = BEST EVER (I have a thing for elves, I purchase it whenever I come across it)
    Dip Server = Amazingly Atomic!
    Bird feeder baby and baby want more (Made me LOL) Very cute
    I would have had NO DOUBTS about buying that horny snail. It looks really reallr really HAPPY! ;)

    Have fun with the house guests!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The good news on guests was we knew 1 was coming so the house was clean. If my house is ready. I don't care. That sounded wrong even to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana - Oh NO! Never thought of that. Dang, how hard would it be to get rid of shoe elves? Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Coconut - Elves don't do much for me BUT got one at an estate sale and now they are stalking me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving that flamingo. I think I have it's cousin. The rest of your booty finds are just way too groovy for words.~Ames :)~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting and different knock, knock presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make my day, Helen Hartmann. Can't wait for the post on your weekend guests. I know it will be a jewel!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever knock-knocks! A few of these, pass around the straws for the thermos, and all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun blog and great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun little things! Thanks for popping in for a visit at TheDedicatedHouse and for your sweet comment. Hope your Sunday is grand! Toodles, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your humor! Laughed all the way through the post. Enjoy your guests and have a fabulous weekend. Can't wait to hear what next weeks tales unfold. Great blog!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. My sister has a bathroom dedicated to her flamingo collection. You always find the best goodies. Hope you had a fabulous weekend with your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Y'all. Oh my such a busy weekend. Afraid I have a sugar hang over from all the deserts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, ya got this old Ozark Farm Chick rollin' and cryin' the ugly cry!!! Heeehehhee!!!

    Now, I wanna know what ya'll had in that handy dandy pink thermos???

    God bless ya sweetie straight from the happy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL.....Groan! You are too funny! I just read your "about me" list and I couldn't agree more with the whole "You are turning into your mother." I am always flattered when someone says that to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my....that is very funny....now, we can swap out our favorite quote from "Brother Where Art Thou"....... "I thought you were a [Horney] TOAD" (note...replace Toad with SNAIL next time!) Great...now we're going to have to go and get that dvd out and watch it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Nezzy, there is no telling what Helen has in her thermos. Because if you tell, you can't have none of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Diann, isn't that wonderful. When I hear people's ugly Mom stories I thank God all over again for mine.

    I LOVE that movie, the whole thing is full of great quotes. When we antique shop and my daughter see hair product tins she always say -"I'm a Dapper Dan Man"

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...