Friday, October 28, 2011

These Boots Were Made for Dancin'!

   No go on the Go Go Boots but with our annual Halloween party coming up this weekend I've been hip deep in glitter and glue. 
Other people use Halloween to put on make up, dress like cats and scare people. Helen puts on a cat suit and takes off her make up. THAT scares the you know what out of people!

In truth Helen is devout believer in HOME MADE HALLOWEEN COSTUMES. 
 


This year's party theme is the Ghostwriter's Library of Long Forgotten Lore. 


The invites looked like old library cards, here with some of my accessories for my Fancy Nancy costume
 
So we've gone literary.

Glittery hiking boots - thought the chunky glitter (Modpodged over so it doesn't actually drip with every step) would look better on the boots but found that extra fine glitter glue (the darker pink) actually looks better in the real world. 

Crown and cape for the Snow Queen

Yes, I made the sad old hat of Rincewind the Wizzard. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Luckily it's supposed to look worse for wear!

Vintage ceremonial robe in good shape from 1920s or earlier (when the company on the tag went out of business) found at an antique mall for $22 perfect for Rincewind!
There is a Clifford the Big Red Dog in the mix but that's not done yet. 
Happy Pink Saturday and a happy and magical (or at least glittery) weekend to all!

17 comments:

  1. Hello Helen:
    Gosh, let you loose with glitter and a glue gun and we are sure that you could inflict more damage than Al Capone.

    Hoping that you have a jolly weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need those shoes! I have the matching roller skates. ; )
    Happy Halloween!
    ~Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a genius! I wish I could whip up fun costumes. Great theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope made outfits are so much better! You are an inspiration. I love everything. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boots are absolutely FABULOUS! I've been eagerly awaiting your pics.

    Halloween hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Snow Queen costume. I always was a sucker for that kind of thing when I was a kid, and I guess I haven't outgrown it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the young DearHelenHartman photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this post, hooray for home made costumes! They are brill :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love homemade costumes! Have fun at the party and raise a glass for me:@)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That robe that robe my kingdom for that robe.I am such a costume buff and being vintage too drool

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks y'all. Been cleaning, cleaning all day - wouldn't it be easier to drape cobwebs over everything and NOT clean?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You put on a catsuit and took off your makeup? No problem.. I just got out of the shower and am writing to you in a hello kitty robe so thats pretty much the same thing EH! *LOL*

    Those costume pics were so cute. I liked them all but the pumpkin face scarecrow was quite.. SCARY!! *EAAAAK*

    Have a lovely weekend I need to go get dressed. hahaahah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Pink Saturday Helen Sweetie...
    Oh my goodness you are glittered and glued and sewed together. Your costume is going to be perfect. A snow queen, love it.

    Loved seeing the little faces, aren't they the best? I love handing out candy on Halloween so I can see all the little faces. That is my favorite part.

    Have fun at the party. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...