Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Putting on Brave Face

YIKES! Mama Maxine always preached that the key to getting well quick was that the second you stopped feeling like something scrapped off a zookeeper's boot, you should get up, shower and get dressed. I tried it.

Proof positive that Helen is a good sport, that I shared this photo of me wincing through the 'get up and get dressed and you'll feel better' attempt. Also if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, these should pads will accommodate a whole crowd. 
The good news - I get to show off (though not as well as I hoped) my weekend finds - vintage 80's jacket and hat and 1950s sweater.


the tag promises 100% Pure Orlon. (Pure, people, this is the good stuff!)

Two minutes later I was back in my pjs. Hope to be up to posting Friday, maybe there will be some estate sales (as long as none of them are my estate, I will assume I've survived).

12 comments:

  1. Oh my...you really did get a bad bug. I've been up and around, though not feeling tiptop...but at least out of my PJs, so I must have had a mild case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pure Orlon, incidentally. Wouldn't want any of the adulterated stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Helen:
    We are distressed to read that you are not yourself, or rather that you are under the weather or, to put it plainly, ill. We hope that wearing the car headlamp sunglasses cheered you up but if not they must whatever have worked beautifully in scaring away unwelcome visitors from the bedside.

    We hope that you have a hot water bottle to cuddle up to, a cup of warming cocoa to hand and someone to fluff up your pillows. [If you do have a tame pillow fluffer-upper perhaps they could be persuaded to type a post to your command?]

    Whatever, hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery are coming your way!!!XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better soon! Your pic did put a smile on my face though:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better soon! Love the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Oh boo* being sick is no fun. I hope you feel better very soon. Whenever I see that macaroni dish in your sidebar I get hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, get the jar of Mentholatum...it cures everything:) Just get better soon so you can post more. And I can get here more often:) Loved what you did for Halloween and you're stylin today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all! Rarely get sick so when it hits, apparently it all hits at once. Better day by day but not up to much yet. Please do no lick your computer screen in case it's contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry you've been laid up. Blogland missed you. At least you looked fabulous even if you didn't feel it. Those specs are sensational! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get better soon. Missing your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks all. I miss blog land - though sitting up at the laptop is still a chore. Maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. TRULY hoping you feel better soon! I have been sick with the flu for an entire week now. I am sure your Mom meant well, but I just can't go there! I look AND feel like crap remoulade on an Irish soda cracker, and I'm just gonna ride it out! :-) Take care of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...