Friday, June 1, 2012

Got it? Flaunt it!


Dear Loved Ones,
I was planning Part 2 addressing Country Living and color around the home. In my head I saw a post with photos of the birds and flowers around my country home and photos of the inspired decorating ideas in vintage mags and books.

Inspired? That's what we're calling it? Inspired by what? A vodka fueled bender at Disneyland?

But my project is going along better than expected (knock wood)

Or a simulated imitation wood-like product

I have a few free minutes and when forced to choose between tsk-tsking and showing people how it’s done and showing off my fabulous fun finds of the past couple weeks… it’s a close call but today fun wins!

Back to solving the pressing problems of the day next week. 


Today Helen is celebrating her very own
If You Got it FLAUNT It Friday!

And Let’s face it, Helen has got so much of it, it’s spilling out everywhere!

Spilling out everywhere? Battle Creek has the solution for that, it's relaxing and stimulating. You can tell by the creepy way they wrote the big selling point - vibratory massage. 

Hey, enough of that! When Helen wants something "TOPS" for the home, she goes thrifting!

A fridge dish top, and oh, what's that? An award for the top book in her category? How did that get in there? Also, Hello Pink Saturday with darling aluminum coasters and kitties with holes in the tops of their heads!
Happy Pink Saturday!






A heavy all brass butler that was missing a top, until I found a glass door knob to top it off!



Girls, Girls, Girls! They can't all be angels, but they can't be topped for style. Yes, I said it. Yes I am aware puns are cheap and easy. So are some girls,I know but that doesn't keep me from liking you... I mean them.


Perfect table toppers!


Top tips, the perfect topper for a kicky hairdo, bracelets and gloves to top off any outfit and  That Girl! (nobody tops her for style and retro fun) That settles it -  I win at TOPS.
So, that's it - Gotten it, flaunted it and fini!
Hope your weekend is Swell (you thought I was going to say, tops, didn't you? Really? Who says that? Not Helen, she's one of the neato keen kids)



32 comments:

  1. Oh yes! You've got it all, kid!

    I'm having a SWELL weekend so far... hope you are, my dahlink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - so far so good, Wait til you see what I got when I wasn't gonna buy anything!

      Delete
  2. LOL-Let's hope you don't get a swollen head from laughing too much! Loved this post- Have a dandy weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a swollen thumb and a swollen ankle from that post, mostly because I kept tripping over things trying to get a good photo. Head is fine... as if ever is! have a good weekend.

      Delete
  3. My weekend starts at 10:00 p.m. I have 8 hours to go! Two of them will involve lots of mopping and cleaning of toilets! But once that is done I can wind down with a hour of t.v. and slip into bed only to wake up early to go garage saling. "HOORAY"

    ("OH no @ Kitties with holes in their heads")The aluminum coasters are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - the coasters have a pretty acorn and thistle embossing. Mopping and potty patrol is not my idea of a great weekend but getting up early to it the sales is a-ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaa mmmmy Big Grama had the Health Builder! I used to get to stand on it with her while it worked on her hips! I was 4 at the time...I got skinny, Big Grama didn't! What a blast!
    Thanks for the memories (imagine me singing)!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I went to a fitness place as a chubby teen, okay I was SENT to one as a chubby teen, back then they were just machines like that, those roller things, a few weights and slant boards, a ballet barre and skinny girls making you do calisthenics.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Aren't they the best? They didn't have the folders so they were just in freezer bags but with lots of clothes and CHEAP. I want to use them for some art projects.

      Delete
  7. Fun stuff! Lovin' that great oval/rectangular-ish serving dish-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks pretty mid mod, I can see cupcakes lined up all neat - but not for long!

      Delete
  8. i too love the coasters I remember sipping from cups of the same material and color when I was a child yeck.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rememer those - nice metallic taste, huh?

      Delete
  9. Very pretty!

    Come and join me with my Color Connection meme through my PINK entry. Hope you join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The "vibratory massage" machine cracks me up. My grandmother had one of the Stauffer "Magic Couch" exercise machine in the 50s. She was sure she could lose pounds and inches by just lying on the thing (while eating bonbons, no doubt...LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Helen, I now have the theme song from That Girl on endless loop in my head. I'm cool with that! Didn't you think Donald Hollinger was just a little bit douchey? Forgive my French.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I liked Donald but I thought he was wimpy. And a little dense. Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes, That Girl!

      Delete
  12. Those dress up dolls! I want them! It's just taken me back 40 years in time. What a tremendous find! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was grabbing them and looking around like Golum with his Precious Ring. There are tons more clothes that will be showing up again - so gorgeous.

      Delete
  13. Have a good day, and enjoyed your variety post today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, and thanks for coming by today.

      Delete
  14. oh man! did you get those paper dolls at yesternook? I ALMOST bought the set with 4 girls....but finally put it back. i LOVE them! the aluminum coasters are great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG _ YES! I picked up bags and bags of them then put all of them back but those two - the costumes in the 4 girls one are amazing! Yesternook is my new FAV.

      Delete
  15. i'm gonna say "no" to the marlite paneling but pretty much "yes" to everything else. indeed i was also exposed to the health builder as a small child and we thought it was a fabulous game. wonderful post. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes, get it going then talk funny, Big fun!

      Delete
  16. I miss you! I do not have time to visit all of my blogging friends, but I have to see what Helen is up to. THAT GIRL! I introduced Little Miss to That Girl this spring, and she can't stop watching the DVDs. Wait until I tell her YOU have the paper dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't find the final dvd set. I LOVE them. I'm with you - on this deadline I am missing blog reading but in another week I think life will set right again. (knocking REAL wood)

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...