Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Day Without Internet is a Day Without Helen!

Our Internet had a big ol' OUT OF ORDER sign on in all day and now so does Helen's brain!
I had no idea how much I rely on the web for small things during the day - it's like a spare brain where I keep all the stuff I simply cannot remember to remember! 
Like a work schedule...

\Don't recall you hours? There's a new invention called and pencil and paper, maybe you should learn how to use them! You know - Just because you work with the team of  me, myself and I doesn't mean you get along with your coworkers.

Keeping up with friends...

Well, hello there. Seems like last night's outing made us take a little nappy in the yard again. Oh, don't worry, we won't tell anybody. We uploaded the photos to Facebook and the video already has a thousand hits on You Tube. Yes, it was a lovely PTA meeting. 

The good news is that it meant Helen got a lot of work done - since she has 2 edits this week, that is very good.

And the BAD NEWS? Besides that you're wearing the same outfit as me right now and I'm going to smack you for it?
You know that saying - Give a man a fish and he eats for a day?

Teach a man to fish and he spends the weekend out of your hair, drinking beer with his buddies at the lake!
In Helen's case the saying should be - Give a Gal a bucket of orange paint...

Welcome to my new door - just in time for Autumn!

35 comments:

  1. LOVIN' your new door! What a great, fun color! Glad to see your internet's back up:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it was supposed to be a lot more reddish orange but it wasn't and I went with it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks - it has been hard finding a door color that went well with brown brick but I think this does it!

      Delete
  3. I would never have been brave enough to try this. It really looks nice against the brick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the brick is actually a kind of dusty brown so it's hard to find a door color.

      Delete
  4. Love it! It's the perfect shade o' orange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter Missy would kill for your door. She is the queen of orange love. It looks so cute and pumpkinny...not a word I'm sure. BTW...loved your Christmas Sister's book...can't remember if I told you that already. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley - it's one of my fav books! (if you want to like it on Amazon, I wouldn't object ;)) I have to say we live in a neighborhood in the country where you can get away with a lot and no one cares (if someone can have a rooster, I can have an orange door!)

      Delete
  6. Wow! It's gorgeous! Of course you had me reading this whole post out loud to hubby across the room! Sweet Southern hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - sometimes you can't hold the southern back!

      Delete
  7. Hello Helen:
    Gosh, your door really does look autumnal. Does the colour change with each of the seasons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope on the change. I am going to have to come up with something creative at Christmas!

      Delete
  8. I think your door goes great with your brick. What a great color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I actually drive the long way so I can drive past my door when I come home now.

      Delete
  9. I love the colour of your door, how fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think meeting all these totally unique and creative bloggers out there made me bold enough to just do it. Why not? I hope it's good Feng Shui!

      Delete
  10. I am actually totally in love with your door!
    *Seriously*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Am already trying to think of what t to do with an orange Christmas!

      Delete
    2. PAINT IT RED!!!
      You should have a every changing door, That would be pretty cool! But hmmm probably alot of work. *lol*

      Delete
  11. Oooooohhhhh....love the new door color!!!!!!! It's so you! Heck, it's me, too, but my husband begs to differ! Sorry about your Internet problems! :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby doesn't care what I paint as long as I leave his TV room alone.

      Delete
  12. LOVE it! Oh, how perfect for a BOLD girl like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the color! Glad you have the net back up and running. Although like you said, being without it does have it's temporary perks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay you know what - I LOVE that door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People really do have a strong reaction - I hope my neighbors feel the same!

      Delete
  15. Oh, I just LOVE your front door! It's fabulous. The internet does come in awfully handy, doesn't it? :) Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping back to say nice things about my new door!

      Delete
  16. People never realize red goes with orange as an analogous pair until they see it. It's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the orange door. Of course here it would also have a huge OSU banner across it. I think it will be great at Christmas. Get a big evergreen wreath with lights and big shiny balls. It will look fabulous. OR do a beach theme...flamingos in Santa hats, Santa in a Hawaiian shirt and swim trunks with a Mai tai and a surfboard. Leis around the door with twinkle lights.

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...