Thursday, October 4, 2012

Be Prepared for Anything!


Well, Loved Ones, I have waiting on my desk an important and thoughtful question about phone etiquette.

By important you know she means something she is already just itching to complain about.

But it will have to wait because some people around here seem to think that once you start a home improvement project you should actually stick with it and finish it instead of working until you are bored and leaving it half done for weeks. Sheesh, some people are so picky.

Oh yeah, faking being pooped can get you out of spending time with your kids or pets but just try using it to get out of DIY stuff. You got time to faint, you got time to paint!

But Helen is nothing if not flexible.

I am in her underwater-bowling-yoga class. Trust me, Helen in NOT flexible. 

Okay, then how about this - Helen is prepared for any eventuality.

Head dress, bikini, ice skates, Elvis Impersonator  - yep, we're ready for anything!

And has some fun stuff to show off no, that was right, Helen is clearly showing off and when you see what I’ve found the last couple of weeks you will turn green with envy.

Instead of turning green from eating your mother in law's cooking!


I don’t even know where to start – with this?

Recipe box and itty bitty travel iron. They just made me happy, probably because I neither cook nor iron, so they don't represent work to me!


Or these?

Glove drying hangers. I mean, can a girl ever have too many of those?


Or… what is this? A creamer with two tipsy gents?

It makes Helen want to use it for cream when serving coffee to people with hangovers.

Helen has no clue where to begin but she does have a big finish!

I cannot believe I found this –

No, your eyes are not deceiving you. MINT condition 1957 Montgomery Ward Catalog. 

Green yet? Then my work is done. Actually, it’s only half done. UGH. If only it was 1957 and I had $89.50 a month 



I’d be outta here so fast no one would ever catch me and make me finish what I started – unless it was my Margarita!

Joining the vintage fun at Common Ground and At The Picket Fence

19 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I'm green with envy about your fab finds. Love that creamer and your good idea for how you can use it. Love the MW catalog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good week. Buying less but being pickier is beginning to pay off! Of course the catalog will fill my head with dreams of things I MUST have.

      Delete
  2. What's with all the crazy catalog finds lately? Didn't blogger buddy Earth Kitsch find some the other day too? How do catalogs last for decades without getting tossed? And I thought I was a bad housekeeper!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I was so jealous and then I found this one and now others can be jealous! This is absolutely perfect. No wear and tear, no mold to speak of. I don't get it either. I don't get the magazines either. But am glad someone hung onto them.

      Delete
  3. Hello Helen:
    Now, is it entirely fair to show all of these goodies in one go? And how could you be such a temptress by showing us the glove drying hangers? Something which, as we are certain you realise, we have been after for years and will make laundering the long white gloves, so essential for evening wear, sheer joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am torn between using them to display gloves and just showing them off as they are or to showcase jewelry. So many choices!

      Delete
  4. I have those glove drying hangers, or I did until I realised all my gloves were either mittens or leather...so off they went! Lusting after that travel iron! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so practical! I just like the way they look. They are like art to me but one day I will have dirty gloves that must be washed and will be ready! The iron is darling and looks never used but it's a European plug so it is destined to be a bookend in my kitchen.

      Delete
  5. Bouquet salads? Got a chuckle from the guys on the creamer... Maybe it was serving Bailey's Irish Cream??? Happy Weekend and don't work too hard:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wracking my brain on the idea behind that creamer. The Painting won't be hard work, it's the clean up of the house when the work is done I dread!

      Delete
  6. I can only iron if I'm watching a movie (without subtitles - ouch!) so a beautiful vintage iron would make a fabulous paperweight - seriously, it gets so windy here on top of the hill! Glove hangers? Why at age 44 am I only learning about these now? I'm lusting after the creamer and dontcha just love it when your fave figure skating team use the same shade of fake tan and pantyhose? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that photo but have no clue what was going on - I esp love the looks on the guys in the background.

      Delete
  7. Oh, my! I just saw a set of those glove drying hangers at an estate sale and I didn't get them! Maybe they'll be there tomorrow at half-price!!! Love that M-W catalog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to deck them out in jewels. Hope they are still there!

      Delete
  8. I think the woman in the first photo may just have been sipping vodka from your tipsy men jug. I love your glove dryers. Does that mean that you're supposed to wash gloves?... I went to my local Y to sign up for underwater bowling and they only have a waiting list. Seems your blog created a run on the sport. I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - it's still warm here, perhaps you can do outdoors underwater bowling - grab a bowling ball, find a pond...

      Delete
  9. Are projects meant to be finished? If they are, then how else am I going to clutter up my house. Love your finds.

    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a nostalgic girl, so whenever I pop over to your posts, I just feel so invigorated! Seriously!!! I can't get enough of old movies and such, and I long for the days when women wore crinoline skirts and pearls. This was another fun one. As for finishing projects, I am a finisher. My hubby...not so much. Oil & water. Fire & ice. Vodka and peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A drunken friends creamer, tiny red iron, AND a "Monkey Wards" catalog...be still my heart! To hell with the painting - you did fabulously! Hope this week is just as good for you...Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...