Sunday, October 21, 2012

If Helen Gives Food for Thought, Here's a Snack

Helen may have taken off more than she can chew, Loved Ones!

Or maybe I've just bitten into something I don't want to chew! Canned soup, tuna, rice and olives! Honestly, had taste buds not been invented in the 60s? Of course the boomers turned to pot and drugs, they were trying to get the memory of mom's cooking out of their minds!
Not only is this our busy season at work but she has 2 books to get ready to be republished, a big promo opp for her book 'Summer of Love' and is working away at her newest 'baby', a retro romance series...

No, Helen is not the romantic heroine, but she is the one that heroine relies on for advice (so you can see right off this is one smart cookie of a heroine).
 Oh, and did I mention the house renovation?

Does whining incessantly about the work, the dust, the mess and the inconvenience count as 'mentioning'? Because if so, then yes, you have mentioned it to death.
And the fact that our annual Halloween party is NEXT SATURDAY? (Yes, Helen has a fab costume in the works!)

I made this whole gown of toilet paper! Take that Pinterest!

Whew - so while Helen handles all that plus tackles a question about the complexities of human nature

Everyone thinks I'm in here emptying the dishwasher but so far all I've emptied is this glass of bourbon!
did I say tackles? Evades, I meant to say evades a question about...

Um, okay, Norma, we'll let it be a surprise. Right, everyone? We wouldn't want to upset Norma would we?

She wanted to take a few minutes to gloat over these crazy cool things she got at super bargain prices Yesterday. Because Helen is obnoxious generous like that.

Don't these look like they belong together? And the fella who rang them up was filled with envy that I got them - jealousy and good junk - it's a perfect score!

4 dollars. Oh, stop crying, you'll ruin your toilet paper costume.

This was from earlier in the week but it's so groovy, I had to show it off!












Have a Good week! Back in a couple of days with some advice you won't want to take miss.


22 comments:

  1. Where do you find all this eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen is drawn to candy of all kinds, I guess!

      Delete
  2. Bwa-ha-ha-ha! Love that toilet paper gown! The paper-punch work alone is genius. Might I suggest making the next one out of Bounty for quicker picking up after your party, all you'd need is a wee roll on the floor, and done, then send it to the cleaners. At least they didn't blenderize that casserole and drink it. All the best on your book work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A costume you can use to clean up then toss - that is like, the ultimate brilliant Halloween idea!

      Delete
  3. Those glasses are amazing! I'm green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of those walking to the check out and they were just THERE kind of things. If only they were my perscription I'd be wearing them now.

      Delete
  4. Oh that casserole was not the right thing to see at 5AM... I need to wipe my eyes with the TP and try to forget! Have a great week:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those specs rock my world, the dish at the top? Not so much! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could make a vegetarian version - chunks of tofu instead of tuna?

      Delete
  6. I knew well before looking at the ingredients that TUNA would be a culprit. Mixing tuna with tomato soup sends me running to the bathroom at the thought. Seriously, no one ate that stuff. And if they did, they're dead now.

    You find the coolest stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - canned soup and canned fish - what could go wrong???

      Delete
  7. Shhhhhhh - it's a surprise what that casserole up top is going to taste like...I must admit I threw up in my mouth, just a teeny bit. The glasses and rosary made up for it - don't work too hard this week! Happy Monday, Helen - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry - should have posted a warning before sharing that casserole!

      Delete
  8. I had a pair of those "cat glasses" back in the 60s and early 70s!!! I was blind as a bat, and I was forced to wear them. I would be thrilled to wear them as a fashion accessory today, but back then it sure felt like torture!!! As for that tuna surprise.....sorry....clean up on Aisle 3!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe the glasses we hated are now high fashion? Aisle 3 and Aisle 4 when you think about it again.

      Delete
  9. I am definitely all for the toilet paper dress. Recycling is right up mu alley. That casserole looks do nasty I'm feeling a bit queasy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all seem to have that reaction. Do you think that's what they were going for?

      Delete
  10. *mMmM* Those olives have my mouth watering. I don't know what it is about olives that does that but it's just crazy. I totally love the eyeglasses you picked up, what a fabulous find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - looks like you can have the casserole to yourself - pick the olives out and enjoy!

      Delete
  11. OH Dear....what a dish! I have to laugh because I love that woman's face...shhhhh it's a surprise! Then when I saw you named her Norma I thought of that recipe up top....any meat????? hmmmmmm......my grandmother's name was Norma...and our mom has told us many a story of the things they ate....ewwwww.....toung, squirl....hmmmmmmm....what's her secret?!! You may never WANT to know!
    Love your fab glasses ~ awesome...what a deal! Can't wait to see what your costume looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should run a contest - what's Norma's secret?

      Delete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...