Friday, October 19, 2012

Love is a Mini Spend-Thrift Thing!

Life remains in upheaval around Helen's house. The DIY reno is basically done but now that Y has done the DI Helen has to wonder who is going to do the CU? 

CU... you mean the Cranberry Uncanning?
No, the CLEAN UP! Helen had no idea how undertaking a clear out and reno of the finished basement would get the whole house so dirty! I am Soooo ready for a break!

You want a break? Try fighting FiFi La Pep for the  bridal bouquet .She'll break your arm, your leg...
"Wasn't it funny how Louise went limping off whining when I bodychecked her to get this sucker?"
So I don't think anyone could blame Helen when she had an hour to kill in town and after some cursory leaf looking (more on that next week) 


headed for some thrifting. Maybe it's because Helen has been researching 1965 but this mini skirt and go go boot gal got my attention - new bag, cheap. Mine.

No, this is not how Helen looks when walking her dog while wearing a mini skirt! Helen's dog is a Labrador, silly!

Of course, Helen is never more than a bank error in her favor and a full tank of gas away from running off in search of fun and adventure so this appealed to her 

It has hooks in the back for coconut salt and pepper shakers but Helen thinks it will look good on her desk as a place to hang up her bracelets while she burns up the keyboard.
Or when Hubby Hartman threatens to burn Helen's keyboard. (This is how we get rid of construction debris in the country, y'all!)
But Helen only bought a few things and headed back to the DIY drudgery. Hmmm, something doesn't seem right about that. Maybe it was something she--

Never seen something like this before... he's adorable, had a sweet doggie, was marked Lefton and I only had to fork over a couple bucks to make him mine. I like that in a man.
Oh, all right, I confess, I did hit this place up - 

In Helen's defense the Now Serving Hot sign was on, I HAD to stop, because if Helen is anything, she's HOT, right? 

So it might have been a sugar overdose that mellowed
And with Halloween looming and our party theme this year being Disney, finding a gown in the right size for a few dollars made my day - esp right before Pink Saturday.

Not going to show it all off in case my daughter lets me take her pic in it to show later but let's just say it will be Princessy perfection come Halloween!

Have a Great Weekend and if you see a sign saying Now Serving Hot - you know what to do!

33 comments:

  1. Now that's a fire! Cute purse and I love the color of the dress-hope we get to see the model:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a huge fire - it made me so nervous but Og the caveman, I mean, Hubby, loved it.

      Delete
  2. I can tell already that I love that dress!! It must be the princess in me (former princess that is). As for that Pepsi ad - I want it!! I don't look quite that lovely when enjoying a soda but a girl can dream.
    If it's okay with you, I would like to post the raisin cookie/trust issue one day on my blog...that cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOl - Yeah, the cookie was a share from George Takae's page, it cracked me up too!

      Delete
  3. YES if the HOT sign is on you have to STOP!!
    Love your little boy and his pup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess I NEVER Had a HOT KK until yesterday! OMG! I will now veer across 4 lanes of traffic when that sign comes on!

      Delete
  4. Whatever it takes to give yourself a break, go for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to quote you when hubby asks why I'm taking a break.

      Delete
  5. We love krispy kreme over here.

    My PINK is also a giveaway so come and check it out, you might want to join. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful blast back to the past! Hey we still have the Krispie Kremes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the pink dress is pretty.

    Come and link up at my Coolor Connectio meme through my PINK entry. Hope you join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now serving Hot/Now serving Helen...what's the diff? That gave me a good chuckle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG _ YES! Think I can convince them to change it?

      Delete
  9. I hope that you don't try to adapt your hubby's debris management system to the debris management system inside your home! Especially since you've purchased that fantastic bag and princess gown. I thought you might say that CU means crying uncontrollably, but I'm glad it only means cranberry uncanning. Love that photo! It's a great hint on how to never get asked to prepare that kind of meal ever again. LOL, you are hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I see a way out of having to servie Thanksgiving dinner at my house - just shoot the family this ad and ask if anyone is hungry! THANKS!

      Delete
  10. Great read, love it. Happy Pink Saturday! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Happy Pink Sat to you too - will be stopping by soon to see your blogs too

      Delete
  12. Keep the mister's debris management confined to the bottom of the garden for goodness sake. Boys and flames - a match guaranteed to end in disaster!
    That poodle bag is mad but fabulous, not quite so sure about that cranberry goo, I'm surprised Ocean Spray are still in business if that's what they used to sell! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We Americans MUST have thank jellied cranberry at Thanksgiving or it's not a proper holiday! I agree about the boys and the burning stuff - luckily we live on 2 acres against a farm so he had room to burn but still, it seemed excessive.

      Delete
  13. If a home reno was going on at my house, I would have made a run for the Krispy Kreme long before now. Just sayin'. There is only so much a girl can take. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - Nobody would let me leave until then!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for a brightening up on this cold gray day.

    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for brightening mind by stopping by!

      Delete
  15. I like the design of your bag!

    Healthy Pink Snacks
    Have an enjoyable Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HPSto you too - can't wait to see those healthy snacks - probably not donuts!

      Delete
  16. What fun finds! I love cutesy purses and I buy anything that says Florida! Love the pretty pink...can't wait to see more! Enjoy your weekend! Don't stress the cleaning...it will happen in time and then get dirty again...and on and on it goes! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dirt goes on, the dirt goes on... have to clean up for family party next week though then it will suddenly be Christmas I'm sure!

      Delete
  17. That pink dress is absolutely fabulous!! I hope we get to see lots of pictures of you in it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how awesome is that poodle bag??? WAY TOO AWESOME!! I adore it.
    =D

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...