Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Time Keeps Me From Slipping Away!


Dear Helen Hartman,
I never seem to have enough time! Rush here, dash there, I wake up early to a list of things I should have done the day before and go to bed late with a list of new things to do running through my mind. Hubby thinks I am just bad at time management. Love some tips on how to cope.

Dear Loved One,
First, since you are up late anyway, maybe you should tape that to do list to your unsympathetic hubby’s forehead, pack a bag and sneak…

She Loves you - WHEN you don't assume that when you have a job to do she is going to be available to pitch in!

Oh, you meant how to cope with the feeling of not having enough time, aren’t you?
 Helen hears you. She feels your pain.

And she wishes you'd hush up and stop pinching her. I swear some people make me squirm more than a too tight girdle.

It does seem like the days are crowded with more things that must get done than hours to do them. At times like these Helen likes to remember something a psychiatric nurse once told her.

Did she say: The best way to be healthy can't be bought in the back of a magazine? Or simply: Whatever you are doing now, cut it out?
No, not caregiver to patient. In days gone by Helen was a social worker. Well, she was never really SOCIAL or much of a worker, but you get the picture.

Helen was talking to people who weren't there long before Clint Eastwood tried it.

That nurse told me “Nobody ever has enough time but everybody has all the time there is.”

And time is always ticking - except on my Mom's old wristwatch, which doesn't tick anymore but it's still a treasure!

You can’t cram more hours on the clock.

But apparently you CAN cram more BACON in one! 

So you have to change how you use the hours you have.  You have to figure out your priorities and make them your priorities. Sometimes giving yourself more time means you have to say ‘no’ to time drains of others.

"No more time for cooking anymore, sweetie. We are going to drink our meals from now on." "Oh, you meant like daddy does his lunch?"

Of course Helen is one to talk.
And talk and talk and talk

Yeah, you heard me, time to shut your cake hole and hand that cake plate over to me so I can start living and by living I mean working in the kitchen while my boring party guests sit and stare at me wondering when I'll come back and whoop things up for them.
The past few weeks as we’ve been undergoing home reno she hasn’t had time for anything and it’s beginning to wear her down. So don’t be surprised if you see Helen flying by with an overnight case in her hand followed by a dazed looking Hubby Hartman in his jammies with a note taped to his head!



Ps - if you have any time management tips for bloggers, home makers, 9-5ers, crafters, DIYers or well, anyone, please share. Helen is getting frantic!

Joining Wow Us Wednesday! wow

16 comments:

  1. Well, my time management skills sometimes involve sleeping less. Boo. E.g. getting up earlier to exercise blah blah blah. Standard stuff. But lately I have tried to cram more in by playing with hours available. I have heard this strategy doesn't turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - no matter how you try to play with time, time always wins!

      Delete
  2. Time and management - isn't that like trying to mix oil and water?

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Or trying to herd cats. It's a waste of time itself!

      Delete
    2. Okay a clock that can hide your breakfast plate is just a total fabulous idea!
      I am stumped to why we all don't already own one. *lol*

      Delete
    3. I am stymied as well. Or one that has a lobster pop out, like a coo coo clock!

      Delete
  3. Pardon the pun, but this is such a timely post for me!!! I am running, running, running in an effort to get things done before guests come for the weekend AND preparing for my next class. So much to do, and seemingly not enough hours in a day/days in a week to accomplish it all. Maybe if I just stick some bacon in the clock and do 10 minutes of frying myself under a "health lamp" a la Snookie & The Situation, I will feel better! :-) Funny as always!!!! You are such a hoot!!!! I hope the week gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just sounds so much like the perfect catch phrase - just stick some bacon in the clock and fry yourself healthy!

      Delete
  4. I'm surely no help on the time management issue but have to ask... What's up with the bacon in the clock???:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have NO idea - I think it was meant to show that you could have bacon anytime - esp if you store it in the clock!

      Delete
  5. As I get older....I give advice! No...that's not what I meant to say! heehee! I try not to worry as much about not getting everything done. You can never really get 'caught up'...it's just not possible so you do what you can and have a little fun along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say with age comes wisdom - with Helen age showed up alone! I have yet to learn this lesson.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the great laugh. I'll be watching for your hubbie in the supermarket. I'll know him by the note :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - he will appreciate any help anyone can give him, I'm sure!

      Delete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...