Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Best Advice I ever Got

Loved Ones, I think second only to my Mama, Maxine...

What? You think FABULOUSNESS like this comes naturally?
You have to work at it, girl.

some of the best advice I've ever gotten, if not always followed, in life came from another source.

Booze?

No, Zig Ziglar.  

Actual dogeared copy from our family bookshelf

Some of that advice includes: (for more check out BrainyQuotes.com )

If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want. 
Zig Ziglar 


Money won't make you happy... but everybody wants to find out for themselves. 
Zig Ziglar 


if you want extra money for any purpose... Any Purpose?
 
I can just tell this lady is wondering how much a hit man costs and if she can sell enough Good Housekeepings to hire one.

I cannot find this quote online but I KNOW I heard him say this in a speech - 

If you treat everyone you meet today as if they have had a broken heart you will be treating most of them in the correct way.

Today my heart is a little broken because Zig Ziglar has died but the light he shone in the world and beyond, goes on. 

17 comments:

  1. When I worked in the library, I always loved seeing a Zig Ziglar book come up on my shelving cart - not just because it meant that I was at the end of my shelving day but because its was always fun to glean some bit of wisdom from those pages. "If you treat everyone you meet today as if they have had a broken heart you will be treating most of them in the correct way." - that is PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE little snippets that say so much. I loved hearing him talk.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of him but his wisdom sounds wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a good ol southern boy who became a mega salesman and motivational speaker. Worth reading some of his ideas.

      Delete
  3. He was such a wise man. And I love the last quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It changes how you look at people, doesn't it?

      Delete
  4. Oh- My husband had/has(?) all his tapes and I think he actually went to one of his seminars once. He will be greatly missed- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby always had a tape or cd of his in the car when we were younger.

      Delete
  5. He was quite the motivationalist! I learned a lot from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I rarely could apply it until after the fact though - hard to keep things in mind when you're mad or upset :)

      Delete
  6. Back in the early 90s, the principal where I taught played a short Zig Ziglar snippet over the speaker for the students. Brings back memories...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not what you've got, it's what you use that makes a difference...RIP, Zig Ziglar

    Hope your weekend is filled with better news, Helen - Happy Friday! Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post. You wrote some things that I didn't realize were from him. What a loss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw online yesterday that he had passed away. Very sad! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wrote the quote about a treating everyone as if they have had a broken heart in my journal tonight and I emailed it to a friend, too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not thought of the smart fellow in ages. That means it is probably time to reread some of his "stuff". Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...