Friday, March 22, 2013

Crapht Corner - now with EXTRA crapht!

Did someone misunderstand?  When Helen said she loved junk she meant the kind of stuff you find in flea markets not the kind she is finding in the comment section multiple times per post!

Actually, no, it does NOT hit the spot but I'd like to try throwing a can of it at certain people to see if I could hit that spot.

Bless you Blogger for catching  most of it but some of it slips by you and so am going to try moderating posts for a while now. Which, frankly, ticks me off!

Like Miss Tallulah Bankhead, Helen doesn't approve of moderation in anything but when it comes to spammers, one is MORE than enough.

I swear...

Especially when I'm riding in the car with YOU! I can't stop swearing!

....some people make you so tense you want to take up a hobby.

Oh, look, I've already got an idea for the perfect hobby!

Helen has heard that doing something creative is a great way to cope with stress. 

So let's open up 

Auntie Helen's Crapht Corner 

and see what we come up with.... WHAT?
The Crapht Cupboard is bare? Okay, not bare, but certainly down to its underwear! 



Woo-Hoo! Helen found these reproduction paperdolls recently and got them with every intention of turning them into an art project.




When did I think I was gonna find time for that?

What with my heavy schedule of refrigerator gazing and what not.

But at the end of the day, Loved Ones, I am more inclined to invite you all over to play paperdolls instead. Any takers?



As for my creative energy? Maybe I'll spend it plotting revenge for people who think it's okay to make someone else's life more difficult by trying to sneak their lousy links onto a blog where they have no business. Is it wrong to want them to "Sleep with the Fishes"?

Relentless Suspense? I wasn't going to believe you until you added that 'filmed in COLORFUL Quebec' part.

If the cops ask you if I did anything bad, tell them "Yeah, but she didn't do it on Porpoise!"

It was cheap. It was pink. Did I really need another reason to buy it???

Happy weekend 
and 




33 comments:

  1. *Love the paper dolls and the dolphin*
    I am a little crazy over resin stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any but that pink dolphin for a dollar? How could I NOT???

      Delete
  2. I'll be right over to play paper dolls.... I loved to play with them and I would probably still play with them except they would lock me up saying I was crazy LOL Loved your post and your right!
    Have a great weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I really love paperdolls - so of course I got a daughter who didn't like them. If you get paperdolls and say they are for an altered art project no one can say a thing!

      Delete
  3. She didn't do it on "porpoise"...still snorting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - took me minutes to work that into a post!

      Delete
  4. I never understood the mean comments. I have been blogging for 6 years and it never fails to amaze me how people act.
    Love you blog and the Unicorn Trivet (I collect Unicorns). Did you know a group of Unicorns is called a blessing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is brilliant! A blessing of unicorns! Love it. These aren't mean comments, they are people putting links to spam webpages. Ugh- what is wrong with them indeed?

      Delete
  5. Mack the Knife could take care of this for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - Arrrrrrgggggh! Now that song is stuck in my head!

      Delete
  6. LOL- That dolphin thingy is just too funny. I hate those flipping spammers. I think they all need lives...ones that are far far from any type of computer.
    Did you turn off anonymous comments? I have not had a single one since I turned that off. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know I could! I am going to search that out NOW. I HATE moderating.

      Delete
  7. Oh Dear Helen!! I love those paperdolls of yours!! I must get me a set of those Greer Garson! And Rita Hayworth was such a beauty.
    I thought for a sec that dolphin was something made of jello, it freaked me out! :-)
    I would love to play paperdolls with you anytime!
    Have a great weekend,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Jell-O Dolphin? That would creep anyone out!

      Delete
  8. Playing paper dolls was one of my favorite childhood activities! Seems a good way to spend a Saturday to me. I always filter comments because I hate word verification so I don't require it. A few spams get into the spam folder but rarely into the mainstream comments. So, if they are found "sleeping with the fishes" mum's the word!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I knew a few were getting through but when I checked the spam comments it was clearly I was under attack. YIKES. I keep thinking if you have to cheat to get SEO and people to check your pages, etc then they must be pretty crummy.

      Delete
  9. I hate spammers, but I love paper dolls. I'll be right over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring safety scissors, we need to cut out more clothes~

      Delete
  10. It is NOT wrong of you for wanting the horrible spammer people to swim with the fishes! They make us ALL miserable! It's a shame that we have to inconvenience ourselves just to sidestep their foolishness!

    I guess I'll go get started on that hobby you suggested! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it turns out! Spammers are such party poopers.

      Delete
  11. Did you say you're inviting people over for paper dolls? I am in!! Stopping by so my day can be brightened with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't stand people who try to sneak their lousy links into would-be comments either. It makes me downright snarky. I love paperdolls too. My mom collected them when she was a girl, so I come by my love of them honestly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I guess we all have to tangle with them from time to time. Spammers, not paperdolls :)

      Delete
  13. Nope! No other reason needed! LOL. What a fun post and blog! Where did you find the repro paper dolls??? Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw them in a the window of an antique store in Middeltown, Ky. Yes, they could hear my brake screech for blocks!

      Delete
  14. I used to love my movie star paper dolls. I'll come and play. Love all of the vintage clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just won an ebay auction with a Liz Taylor! More fun to play!

      Delete
  15. Okay, so looking at the porpoise just makes me nauseous, but I was never very nautical anyway, despite being raised on the southern coast of NJ.

    Let me know if you want to meet at the coffee shop one of these days to compare paper doll notes. (Please don't bring the porpoise.)

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - that poor porpoise! I tried and tried to make him look as cute in a photo as he does in real life. No luck.

      Delete
  16. OK, I'm one hundred percent totally enchanted! LOVE those paper dolls. Love the whole post -- brings a big grin to my face!

    Thanks so much for stopping by The Marmelade Gypsy. I'm delighted to be here and will be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by! I loved your blog.

      Delete
  17. It's totally brilliant.A dive in the history but not the boring kind.Thanks for the effort to present us with such treasures!

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...