Friday, March 8, 2013

Dear Me


Dear Helen Hartman,
I am writing to myself today to ask why… WHY  on earth after many, many (many) years of thinking this do I STILL believe that I am just one long weekend of hard work away from having my home, work and life totally organized? What has snapped in my brain that I could look at the three ring, broken-down circus sideshow my life is now and always has been will suddenly be the amazing, creative elegance of a Cirque du Soleil?  

Will I ever learn?

Dear Me,
First, do not ever try to make me picture myself in a spanglely leotard and feathers again.

I'm really more the ferns and scarves type anyway. But only if you are 14 - 40, after that, you're  obviously not in it for the art.

And second… NO. Take it from me, you will never learn. And that’s okay… you know why?

Because making mistakes to learn from is how you have all the fun?

Because if you “learned” that it would mean making up your mind that changing your life is beyond your control and you might as well give up and let everything go to heck. Is that really what you want?

Give up and let it all go? If we're talking about diet and my weight, then yes. Yes, I would like that very much. 

So even though you have spent roughly 1 out of every 200 dollars you have ever earned on something to declutter, organize, energize and generally improve your life and your life is still a great big mess, you should never give up hope. One day, you might actually….

Oops, gotta go get my son a birthday gift, plan a family gathering, feed the elephants....

Naw, that ain't gonna happen. But don’t give up, really… because making the effort may be the thing that’s keeping you from sliding into total chaos.

Have a Great Weekend!

31 comments:

  1. Somehow I really don't think that guy's there to learn how to draw:@) Have a great (productive?) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I bet he really spend a lot of time on the, um, foliage.

      Delete
  2. LOL- I wonder who corralled all those animals for the cake?;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a bag of frosted animal cookies to stick on a cake but you can't make our a single animal, they are all blobs.

      Delete
  3. I suddenly have all these parade-themed songs running through my head. Thanks. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts exactly - and you managed to put them into much better words than I could have. When I have these thoughts, I tend to get an eye twitch...

    Thanks for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't give up on it, jut can't. I've been trying to get organized for so many decades and don't know what I'd do with myself if I ever accomplished that goal. I can get organized with meal planning, shopping and prep. But then my house gets to be a mess. I can get my house in pretty good shape, but in the meantime we're eating out of the freezer or take out. I can get organized in blogging and both of the other go out the door. What's a girl to do? I'm just not Martha What's Her Name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL _ Martha Whats Her Name has a lot of help and was born with whatever gene makes you a born organizer. I was born with a junk gene.

      Delete
  6. Have a great weekend yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More fun than a CLOWN RIDING A PIG! Have a ROCKIN' weekend, Helen - off to clean my house...just a wee bit! Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather see a pig riding a clown - and am just as likely to as me cleaning the house!!

      Delete
  8. I am pretty organized, then my husband comes home and it all falls apart! jeepers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's true. All my disorganization can be laid at the feet of others. Where they will then kick it back to me. Grrr.

      Delete
  9. Now that is a awesome cake!
    I am completely un ORGANIZED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what us kids used to get as fancy cakes before the Cake Boss and his ilk came along.

      Delete
  10. Never ever give up. The garage is taunting me. So much to toss and sell. But so much energy to attack it. **sigh**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned that the more I toss the more I bring in to replace it. So maybe NOT doing it is actually making progress.

      Delete
  11. I'm on a declutter rampage! It's gotten WAY too out of control and I can't take it anymore!

    Never, never, never give up, I say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck - am enjoying seeing your blog and home evolve!

      Delete
  12. Have I told you lately that I love you(r blog?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's so sweet. Your blog is so gorgeous it's like a mini vacation.

      Delete
  13. Just give up and wallow in the disorganization. I am in my 70th decade or is it my 80th? My clutter continues to grow as I fertilize it often. My clutter sustains me and I sustain the clutter.
    You always have me laughing in the floor before I scroll to the end of your post.
    Blessings, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  14. You wants to waste time cleaning when there's so many other fun things to do?? LOL! Love this post, thanks for the chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, heck. I meant to say Who...not You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope your weekend was a good one, and hope you got more organizing done than I did (which was none!).
    That Circus Cake is quite interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowee! I thought those "become an artist" pics from the tv guide were always of little bears and turtles. I must have missed the va va va voom series. :) Good luck organizing! That's what we are trying to do right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you had a great weekend and had some me time, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I needed the laughter and advice! Thanks Helen!

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...