Sunday, March 17, 2013

I'm in Love With...

A BIG BLUE FROG!!

I didn't need him. I just wanted him. Now I don't know what to do with him!
Much like Hubby Hartman.


BUT I'm thinking about Painting him. 

This will work for the frog, not so much for Hubby.

Time and again I have groaned when I see DIY shows paints every piece of furniture they find - often to make them look  'old' 

Not sold at Walmart! When is that looking old trend coming to faces, btw?

But this little guy... I bought him thinking I'd paint him gold and put rhinestones on his bow tie and I have to ask you, Loved Ones, is this the one time Helen's inclination is a wee bit misguided?

No blarney  - based on evidence by the US Government! What? Did you think they'd only recently been  messing over us citizens?

Busy week but hoping that soon things will open up and there will be time for, well, life again. Until then HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!! 

I just have to ask what the heck happened between March of 1952 (Miss O'Hara) to 1953 (Terry saying sex can be rough????) with those headlines?

Helen's roots are mostly English on both my parent's sides and Cherokee on my mother's, with a few surprises here and there but I don't think even a bit Irish. Still I'll be enjoying the day with green foods and my favorite movie: The Quiet Man. 

Have a lovely week!


19 comments:

  1. Happy St. Pat's Day and I have a frog collection too! sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a frog collection, which makes having to have this guy all the weirder. I just thought he'd be good luck!

      Delete
  2. Happy St. Paddy's Day to the most un-Irish person I have met in blogland...and honest one-who claims NO Irish ancestry on the day that demands every one has at least a TAD of Irish in them. Have a wonderful day anyway! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL- honestly, we're really English and Scottish and Cherokee. Hubby is German and Welsh. But we are wearing green today!

      Delete
    2. Oh - PS My son's name is Patrick Wiley Clyde, so we do have a bit of Irish in the family. he looks like a Nordic skier - over 6 ft and long curly blond, blond hair, so that's where it ends.

      Delete
  3. Gold and rhinestones fix just about everything! The magazine covers are great - I think the Terry Moore headline (and pose) just went hand in hand with the mag title! Maureen had her Duke, and was the good girl. Enjoy your Green Eggs and Ham, and the movie - Happy St. Patrick's Day, Helen...Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well even though your not Irish - Happy St Paddy's day!.. Love the frog - I have a BIG Blue in the Garden and he looks great. I'm sure what ever color you paint him he will be great.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - still undecided about the paint.

      Delete
  5. what a cute froggy! I bet he makes you so hoppy! hehhe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. He will look fab all white with a rhinestone necklace, such a clever idea,, I say run with it...Love the wonderful posters and pictures of magazines, so cool, I never tire of your blog and just recomended it to my friend Mary and she is now a follower of yours too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I really thought people would say NO do not paint but with so many blessings that frog is getting rid of his blues!

      Delete
  7. Loving the frog he just makes you smile ;-) I say paint him any colour your heart desires. Hope you have had a fun weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! He really is a smile maker. I think once he is golden he will be able to sit anywhere!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute frog! I don't remember ever seeing The Quiet Man, I'll have to check it out. I'm always looking for a good movie that I haven't seen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone needs a blinged out frog. And I mean everyone. If everyone did, how could they not be joyful and hoppy all the time? The world would be a much kinder place. At least I know I would. Hey...maybe I should go find myself a frog and bling it out - Lord knows I could use the attitude adjustment most mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't paint the frog!! Is it paper maiche?

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...