Friday, May 10, 2013

Helen isn't Your Mom - But Would it Kill you to Give Her a Gift?

The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray
- well so does Helen!

As Helen's nosy neighbor, I an attest to that!

No Helen's plans go astray. 

Helen is always hygienically clean, even when dancing in her girdle and cone bra.
As today when I was going to address a question about Mother's Day gifts by ridiculing picking possibilities from my Montgomery Ward Spring Catalog -- the more I flipped through the pages the more I found to love. 

I was, indeed enchanted! Next time someone says Helen has gone to the dogs what I will hear is Helen is in her dressing room admiring her trash can and toilet brush cover.
So let's hop in the Tempus Frigidarius (Helen's food stuffed time travelling appliance of delights) 

My Hubby treats me like a Queen - Behold the power of a freezer full of beef and beer!
and check out a few things on my wish list.

I don't think it's any coincidence that the gal in the $1.98 one is giving you a "My Montgomery Ward jammies ain't the only thing about me that's cheap and easy " look.

Guaranteed for 2 years? Anyone still seeing things like these while vintage thrifting? 

Yes, please!

There you have it - a nice list of things to get Helen. Um, I mean your Mom. Of course if your Mom has a KINDLE - you can get her THE LAST BELLES (see link in the sidebar) if she loves sweet southern charm or Summer of Love for a sassy southern tale set in 1968.

Happy Pink Saturday - and HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!

Me and MY MOM!




29 comments:

  1. You would not believe the obscene amount of money a Fifi tissue box with rhinestones sold for on ebay by me. The girl was doing a whole poodle themed bathroom makeover and that tissue box was the last piece she was looking for. She and another person got into a bidding war. :) Happy happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow...I had totally forgotten about "shortie pajamas." It was always a sure sign that summer was right around the corner when my mom packed away the long flannel PJs and got out the shorties. Those things were so comfy!!! I love the little yoke on Style K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a second. We were supposed to be picking out a gift for Helen? I was so busy picking out something for myself that I completely forgot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay - you can always just send money.

      Delete
  4. I like your wish list very much! Hmmm. Those dishes make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'll send you the shortie pj's. But I want to know - did they ever sell "filthy dirty girdles in no wrapping" back then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best comment ever! And yes, yes they used to sell tubeless germ infested girdles at all fine lady's ready to wear stores.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness. I had not thought of baby doll pajamas in years. Gosh, we were all so cute.

    Happy Mother's Day to Helen Hartman. I should have got you a gift. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Honestly I thought baby dolls were from the 60s so seeing them in a 1957 catalog surprised me

      Delete
  7. Love your presentations. Takes me back to another time. May you be blessed with a great mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love finding things I actually remember/ I wasn't around in the spring of 1957 but many of these things were still around when I arrived on the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish they still had baby doll pajamas. They were FUN to wear and cool. Happy Mother's day my friend! I hope all of your wishes come true! I'm off to see your book! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bet you looked neato in your babydolls!

      Delete
  10. Cheap and easy, but NEVER free! Wish I had one of those hygenically clean girdles, because it looks like they turn you into a ballet dancer, and I've always wished I could do that...oh, wait - that was tap dancing! I WILL be looking for Boonton gourmet fine dining ware while perusing the antique stores this summer...if I find any, they'll be heading YOUR way - keep your fingers crossed! Happy Mother's Day, Helen - hope it ROCKS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just imagine you tapping your way into our hearts! Boonton Gourmet - I love the name for plastic dishes. Now that I know they existed, am going to keep an eye out too!

      Delete
  11. If they are only guaranteed for 2 years what are the odds you'll find any 40 to 50 years later...or were you planning on going back in time in the magic Frigidaire time machine? As soon as the Big Bang Theory boys invent time travel I am so going back to go shopping! Happy Mother's Day, Miss Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want jammies. With four kids, they can buy me a set each. I'll wear the bloomers as shorts and make the tops into cushion covers. Thanks kids! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does that mean you're going to go topless????

      Delete
  13. A great post, I love vintage stuff! I also found you on How Sweet The Sound Linky party. I hope you can come visit me :D

    Teresa @ Freebies 4 My Family!
    Http://freebies4myfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by - will visit for sure.

      Delete
  14. Loved this post! I also loved the babyddoll pjs, I remember them well. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too - sounds like someone is missing out by not making babydolls jammines to sell - lots of people love them.

      Delete
  15. Love this post and wish I could buy those cool vintage Montgomery Wards gifts! Sigh!

    Hope your Mother's Day is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have NEVER seen pj's like that for women....for little girls yes....that is the funniest thing I've seen. Still trying to determine whether or not I would like a pair though....lol!! Love the picture of your momma and you :) sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...