Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mission: Possible (but not probable)


Loved Ones, people are always asking Helen how she does all the things that she does and does them all so well and I have but one answer for them: 

People who ask Helen too many questions might just end up with a one way ticket to Mindyourownbeeswaxville?

No! My answer is that Helen is an outrageous and unapologetic liar. 

So if you are looking here for an apology, you may as well move along. I hear Mindyourownbeeswaxville  is nice this time of year.

I had thought that taking a week off from work would allow me catch up on all kinds of things.

As opposed to PUTTING ketchup on all kinds of things which is something she did a lot of, living on junk food all week. Anyone want to bob for Beanie Weenies?

And so I start another work week, another month, another season lagging further and further behind


Lagging behind? Write now to learn how  you can have a delightful ass by Christmas. Just for instance...
I began to think of the quest for a smooth running life as Mission Impossible. At first all that got me was that danged theme song stuck in my head.

Oh, not the Mission Impossible theme - The Jetsons... man is that song catchy!

Then it made me think of how those tales of those super cool, super organized, can-do-anything Mission Impossible accomplishniks started and it dawned on me what I need.


OK besides THIS booklet, what I need...

Every day I need someone to send me a message telling me what I need to do and why. A little threat at the end about what will happen if I don't complete my list might also be in order.


You hear people complaining that we don't have flying cars like we were promised but maybe we should be grateful that some visions from the past about the future never came to pass. 

Of course there are some flaws in that plan. For one thing I don't even own a tape player and if I did, having it destroyed daily could get costly. Also in that show they were always given the out – "your mission, SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO ACCEPT IT". 

That may prove my undoing. Unless, of course, I take up lying...

16 comments:

  1. Darn, I was positive you were going to say drugs this time!

    Hmmmm, the Jetsons...great minds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - no, I'll stick with home brewed booze - my MOM!

      Delete
  2. Well, I'm glad it's not just ME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all in this together - no wonder the world is such a mess!

      Delete
  3. Loving Helen and your plan! Hope it works for you! I'm looking for one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find a plan that works for you!

      Delete
  4. Cute post! I love the old ads you find. That beanie weenie dish is a riot! I never stood mine up that way...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! I honestly think they ran out of way to present food in fun ways!

      Delete
  5. Ah, beanie weinies...My ex invited me for lunch when we first started to date in our 20s. He had put beanie weinies in a glass bowl on the burner of a gas stove. When I arrived at his apartment for our "lunch date," he was picking beanie weiniess off his kitchen ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not you, it's me. I change my so called systems ever six months or so. It is like looking for the perfect purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The perfect purse is my weakness! Maybe there is a connection?

      Delete
  7. Umm . . . aren't you supposed to chop the weenies before adding them to the beanies? Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not according to the 10 PM Cookbook - this is how you feed hungry men late at night. I suggest once you set this stuff down, stand back.

      Delete
  8. Sounds to me like you either need a personal assistant or a mother. Either one will do those things for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Or a coach that comes to my house and yells at me to stay on task. Where do I find someone to devote that much time to bettering my life... for free?

      Delete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...