Monday, May 13, 2013


People often ask Helen: Where's your head?
Ok, maybe they ask me if my head is up someplace unlikey, but usually when those people start talking I grab a margarita and a tabloid and sit  under the hair dryer so I can't hear them.
Sometimes it's good to stop and ask yourself some questions too.
Starting with: 

Where are you at?
Are you living in the past? And if so, do you have a great figure, cute clothes and an amazing house like Helen's? Also a family who does your  bidding? Because if your past isn't THIS fabulous, maybe you need to relocate!

What are you doing to feed your dreams?
Because dreams, like bodies, need good stuff to help them grow. Too many of us are living on mental olive gelatin mold and stuffing down emotional sticky buns!

How are you spending your time?
If your answer is dressing like a fancy cowboy and drinking in a bunkhouse, then you may want to rethink your choices!


What kind of company are you keeping?
And are you getting as much as a $38 cash refund for all the energy they are sucking out of you? If not, YOU may be the one who needs to start handing out rebates to your fellow cuddlers on the power slide of life

All of these may help you answer the bigger question, the one Helen stops to ask herself a couple of times of year - Where are you going? (and are you headed in the right direction?)

Where ever it is, if you drive onto the playground so your lazy inner child doesn't have to walk more than a couple steps to get a drink, maybe you need to rethink that, too! 

No big life lesson, Loved Ones, just what's going on in Helen's mind these days and to ask - where's YOUR head these days? I hope it's in a good place!

18 comments:

  1. I think Helen and I are sharing a head these days! Only Helen's head has better illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing a head? That explains so much - Helen has been feeling like a half wit for a while now.

      Delete
  2. Those are some cowboys! I'll bet the only ponies they have ridden...nah, I'll stop. I'm sure their colorful clothes were appreciated in that bland old countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So hard to NOT say things about that image. What's the deal with that?

      Delete
  3. I was thinking about the same thing the other day, and I realized that, at age 65, I've reached all my major goals in life that required hard work, dedication and sacrifice. Now I get the reward part...to pack in as much fun playing with my grandsons, blogging, decorating, gardening, eBaying, Etsying and Pinteresting every day as I possibly can. I guess that's a goal in itself, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh. I got some years to go on that one (and some bills to pay)

      Delete
  4. Ahhhhhhh, fabulous food for thought today. I've actually been thinking along these lines for the past 6 months, now. What I DO know is that as creepy as I like my movies, books, etc., I don't think the neighborhood in the first picture is for me - strangely illuminated, yet, seemingly, in the dead of night. Happy Monday, Helen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW - and the houses are all the same, they're moving in as they are being built... very twilight Zone.

      Delete
  5. Well, I'm of the age where my head is usually pondering what fun I can have next. Of course, everyone's idea of fun may be different than mine. I DO know of one fun activity...and that is reading blogs. Especially those that make me laugh like this one. I always love your vintage photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - if only one could make a living reading blogs. I'd go pro myself!

      Delete
  6. Ah, very good question! Have been thinking along those lines lately too.

    Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be something in the air, so many people posing so many questions!

      Delete
  7. Is it weird that my first thought was "Why is that kid stealing that For Sale sign in the first picture?".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I know - I think they are squatters. There is no moving van, after all!

      Delete
  8. Really...how did people EAT some of that mess from the "progressive" 50s and 60s??!?!?! GROSS!!!!!!!

    I love the last one!!! That DOES cause one to wonder! :-) Have a great week, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! I never thought anyone ate that stuff until I posted some of it on FaceBook an people claim they ate it as a kid!!

      Delete
  9. Do you think you really would look that happy on a contour cuddler? I suppose for the refund....ha!! Cute pics as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a coincidence. I actually do feed my dreams with jell-o molds!

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...