Thursday, June 27, 2013

Google Reader, Gone Baby Gone?


Changes are afoot in Blogland! 

Better a foot than a kick in the pants... 

Even if they are super kicky pants like THESE!
Google Reader will be gone in a few days. Not sure why they like to change things up so much online but in the end they do sort of have us over a barrel. 

OVER a Barrel? I got that ALL wrong. Sometimes I'm such a GIRL!
(Girl is code here for dope, right? Because the actually are trying to tell you that 'pink' is a fragrance and it's just for girls.)

Not really sure what these changes mean but if you have been using it you may have to scramble to find the blogs you love. Unless you join something like BlogLovin.

Oh, Wow, Man. Whatever kind of Love in you're into, I'm up for

Anyway, it comes at a good time for Helen, who is totally in the mood to shake things up. 

That's right, Helen can shake up something more than just a mean cocktail.

Hoping by Fall to come up with a new look for the blog. Until then will still be posting (I mean I cannot miss taking y'all along on the World's Longest Yard Sale!) though not really problem solving.

You mean you've been problem SOLVING all this time? 

If you miss me 


You've seen Helen from behind. How could you possibly miss that?

LIKE Dear Helen Hartman on Facebook because I'm posting there daily... of course, that could change!




18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The thing about pants like those is you HAD to wear platforms if you are a stubby legged gal like me or there is no bell to your bell bottoms!

      Delete
  2. Inevitable change. Hopped on the Bloglovin train. Off to follow you via facebook too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True but so it complaining about change. Thanks for the like!

      Delete
  3. I HATE all this craziness. I guess I will have to sign up for Bloglovin' or be lost! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even sure what will happen. BUT am thinking if it's a big change and suddenly readership falls off, I may take advantage and just pick up and move to wordpress.

      Delete
  4. I bet the folks at Bloglovin' are getting happier by the minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - they are awfully supportive of the whole Blog life!

      Delete
  5. I sure wish I knew what this Google Reader fuss is all about! It will probably be something that takes me totally by surprise because I don't understand half the stuff on the Internet!!! I guess I'll just sit and wait for it...whatever "it" may be! I'm not sure if it will affect those of us on Word Press or not. Sigh! :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right with you Alycia. I feel like we should get in a blog bunker with a radio and some snacks and wait it out!

      Delete
  6. I never realized your giant martini is a light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ONE Of my giant martini's is a light. The other one is a real glass :)

      Delete
  7. I'm not too fond of change, but I don't use google reader so I'll be okay unless they do away with the google friend connect, too. Then, I'll not be a happy camper. Wonder what they're working on to befuddle us next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is friend connect connected to Google Reader

      Delete
  8. I'm so confused by it all, I'll just keep blogging and use bloglovin' (hate that name) and keep my own little list of places to check into from time to time. Oh, don't like facebook either, but use it just for blog purposes. I sound like someone who should just go back to mailing out letters.

    Good luck on being forward thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love the immediacy of online connections but would adore getting a letter in the mail again, esp on lovely Hallmark stationary. I saved a bunch of letter my mom wrote me years ago and I still like to re read them.

      Delete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...