Monday, July 22, 2013

Getting my Kicks WHERE???

Loved Ones, It's that time of year again.


Time to lacquer your hair in place again already??

Time for Helen to pack up her car and head west to see the people who mean the world to her.


I didn't know those drunks that loan Helen money at the drop of a hat lived in the west. 

It's a family reunion we call the Cousin's Campout because it began literally as a gathering of family camping out in tents for 3 days!


You had TENTS? In my day we had sticks and a fire and we caught fish with our bare hands.

Eventually we wised up and realized we could have just as much fun at a lodge with air conditioning and indoor plumbing. 





A 2 day drive across 5 states to create countless memories!


Last time I went that far in that much time I mostly made what I like to call
"forgetteries". Unfortunately, there are photos.

This year we plan to stop and take photos at a few of the still standing remnants of Rt 66 through Missouri - will share the weirdest of the weird.


Hmmm So a lot of selfies then?

Will miss my dogs, Hubby Hartman and Manly Young Son Hartman and oh, my cat.


NOT in that order.

But will check in from the road! 

18 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! That hairspray mask is too funny:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I want to make those masks for Christmas gifts!

      Delete
  2. Have a fantastic time with the fam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fabulous trip! Long live Route 66. It was my absolute favorite trip EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy trails! I'm bookending Rick's family reunion. Always interesting. Last year was the first. Now they're old friends! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having my surgery on Friday, so you can swing by and take a picture of me looking lovely and feeling great post-op! That counts as weirdest of the weird, I think! :-)

    Enjoy yourself, be careful, don't text and drive, and don't eat yellow snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will send up a prayer for your surgery. Otherwise, good advice!

      Delete
  6. I want to know where those masks were in the '80s. I'm sure I can attribute my Squirrel Attention Disorder to all the fumes I inhaled when creating big hair.
    Are you just going to cross MO? King of the road? More like queen of the kitsch. Be sure and buy some cheesy souvenirs. Nothing says vacay like a snowdome of the Cadillac Ranch!
    Have fun,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - just Missouri on my way to a family reunion and sadly didn't buy any kitsch... yet!

      Delete
  7. Oh fun fun fun!! Can't wait to see your photos!! Becareful and don't take any wooden nickels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are going on a trip without the guys? You on the road without the restraining and calming effects of Hubby Hartman could be dangerous. If I hear any reports of missing giant fiberglass animals, we will know who's guilty. NO, you cannot unwind the giant ball of string!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - suddenly I want to leave a trail of string across the countryside!

      Delete
  9. Hahaha! So looking forward to hearing about all your fun!

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...