Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Marriage Advice?

My Cousin Patje (you may not remember her but surely you remember her ass)...

What? It's a vintage pin I got for her because she owns a donkey. 
What did YOU think?

asked me to put together some fun advice about marriage for some newlyweds in the family.
Here's the title page to give you an idea what I mean:

Mine and Patje's actual grandparents - Edna and Wiley.  I have my grandmother's style and the older I get... my grandfather's mustache!  

So adding that to the schedule crunch before our family gathering next week.

Everything was going fine until he made that crack about needing a wide lens to take the family photo and suddenly it was the great Thanksgiving throwdown all over again.

Of course, if anyone has any funny advice to share, it all might go faster...

Also Helen only knows ONE piece of advice for marriage, work or life in general:
Do it HER way.

Funniest quote, quip or tip on marriage or men and women, anyone? Please share! 


21 comments:

  1. LOL- I always think of Rodney Dangerfield saying...Now take my wife...PLEEEASE! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have none but I'm eager to pick up a few -- bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we visited my Dad, it was a one hour drive. And just before we would leave, I would pretend to get mad at my hubby and tell him I wasn't speaking to him for the rest of the day. My Dad would just shake his head and laugh. (he thought my hubby was a lucky man if I wasn't going to speak to him all the way home) Maybe that's just funny to us! heehee! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby H would LOVE a quiet car ride - so we think it's a hoot as well!

      Delete
    2. I miss my Dad. He always thought everything I said was cute! lol Sweet hugs!

      Delete
  4. Marriage is a wonderful institution...but who wants to live in an institution? Groucho Marx

    A man is incomplete until he's married, then he's finished. Zsa Zsa Gabor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, I always tell my husband there is nothing sexier than a man doing dishes...some times he falls for that and actually washes his tea making thing. :):) I working on how to get him to vacuum.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true - maybe we should suggest the vows change to, Love, honor and vacuum!

      Delete
  6. It's not exactly marriage advice, but here's a good joke. How many men does it take to wallpaper a house? One if you slice him thinly enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! It reminds me of the one - men are like carpet, if laid right you can walk all over them!

      Delete
  7. So cute! I don't have any funny advice, only a serious one that my grandmother told me- no marriage will ever survive without forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marriage is a wonderful institution...but who wants to live in an institution? Groucho Marx


    Love this one another gal posted it above me

    I never did good at marriage I wanted to be a free bird and my husbands wanted me in the gage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's good you flew the coop then!

      Delete
  9. cage darn it I need to proof read my comments LOL

    my husbands wanted me in a Cage

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm mad at my husband right now, so I have nothing nice to offer up. I'll just say, "Men! Can't beat 'em, can't....wait a minute! Yes, you CAN beat 'em!!! Beat 'em like a drum 'til their hair bleeds!!!!!!"

    So now I'm looking at Andrea's grandmother's advice, and she's right. HE needs to act right so that I might forgive him!!! :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahaha! I bet you've already made up - if not I hope you do soon, for your hubby's hair's sake!

      Delete
  11. My hubby just says "yes, dear" then turns around and does whatever he wants!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...