Friday, July 12, 2013

Putting the PURPOSE in Repurposing.

Loved Ones, Helen would say she's been soul searching but I don't think you'd believe me.

Unless you mean she's been out searching for sweet innocent souls to corrupt with her vintage lovin' ways!

I don't know what the word is for what's been going on, re-evaluating, maybe? With a renewed emphasis on VALUE!

$6.98 for larger sizes? I'll just go on a diet and buy the regular one, thank you very much.
I know a good value when I see one!

Been thinking about how to revamp my blog (more on that another time, but you'll like it, lots of references to joy and not caring what people think, chocolate and bourbon!).

SO, pretty much like your normal blogs then, right?

You can thank my Platinum Pixie in my last post for making me take stock of, well, my stock. I really want to incorporate her into... something around the house, not just another knick knack to dust, but an object d'art.

That's smart. When you d'ress like I do, you come to appreciate a good D'art
.
Or something useful. The truth is, I Have a TON of this kind of thing. Things I had big plans for but lack the space or the time or the creativity to figure out how to use them. For example:

Some past kitchen finds I've been trying to use in my day to day life but, we gave up sugar, bread, processed flour and changed the colors of the kitchen. Nice for a PINK Saturday show off, though.

It's not that I'm lazy or lack follower through. Well, at least not ALL the time.  I did let this inspire a kitchen make over:



And here's a newly repurposed frame:

Painted and repurposed a frame around a dry erase board.

I just have SO MANY projects, ideas and just plain junk that I think someday I'm gonna do something clever with. I either gotta get more space or let go of some of it. What d'ya think?

17 comments:

  1. I love the canister set - but the purple dress with the bosom bow is awesome! Don't know what change are ahead, but I'm sure they will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There should be more bosom bows in the world, we agree!

      Delete
  2. Projects -- I have a zillion and not the time to do them. Stuff. I have a ton and not the space to use it. I see a big purge in my future! I hope yours goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! Good luck with your purge (that's not a sentence you get to say often).

      Delete
  3. Pink kitchens, how cute.

    Hang in there, purge lady purge! : - )

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purged when I moved into my new space, and it felt really good. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure I'm ready to purge so much as ready to USE what I have... and maybe get rid of what I can't use. More to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya! I have stuff too, but we are always trying to sell it. I need more booth space is what I need....or maybe just sell more stuff....hmmmm....or is it buy LESS stuff???????? Hmmmm...maybe.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BUY LESS STUFF??? WHAT? I don't understand the concept ;)

      Delete
  7. I like to let go, and make room for more. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - that's my usual plan. Just trying to decide what!

      Delete
  8. I told my son I was going to have a living estate sale. Just gets to be too much as you age. THINGS are not as important either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooww, I like your kitchen-redo-inspiration photo with the bon apetit!
    And love some good old repurposing. Reduce, re-use, recycle!! (Sorry, I have a 6 year old Bob the Builder in the house, lol.)
    Came over via pink saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean about having so many projects and so little time to do them in!

    Best of luck with the blog changes and your crafty endeavours,can't wait to see what they turn out like!

    www.mancunianvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Bon Appetit above the sink it's very cool!
    I always end up with the "Need more space" LOL
    I find it really hard to get rid of any vintagey fabulousness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never knew they charged more for "big size" patterns! And that pink canister set is fabulous not to mention that pink mixer. Happy happy way belated Saturday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the bra! So hard to believe that women were subjected to wearing those! Thanks for sharing, Laura

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...