Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Time and the Livin' Is Easy but Everything Else Remains Stressed!

How is it JULY already? I still have an unused Easter egg dye kit on top of my fridge!

After all this time, THIS is what is suspect it looks like up there!

Isn't summer supposed to be the time when everything slows down and you get to unwind a little?? The only person that seems to be happening for is my trashy neighbor Teresa! 

If Teresa unwinds any more they'll be able to pour her into a bowl and put whipped cream on her head! AGAIN.
Oh for the luxury of being able to stretch out by pool, or in the hammock or to curl up late at night in bed with the best company of all... 

Dirk the Delivery Man?

A good book! 

Helen isn't going to let THIS summer slip by without finding some time to get away from it all, if only a chapter at a time. 
Already listened to the audio book:
The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel (liked, not loved, and mostly because I adored the descriptions of their hair and clothes circa 1959-1970s). 
Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris (finding it uneven but when it's good, it's golden). 
Classics on the docket: 
Steinbeck's Travels with Charlie 
Have all Anne of Green Gables series on my Kindle (I've seen the show, why didn't I read the book yet??)
How 'bout y'all? What are you reading?

If you have a KINDLE and are looking for a fun summer read...

Order it here

Brides, Beehives and Barbecue. It's the summer of Love in the South... can mother/daughter mayhem be far behind?
It's a sassy, slightly naughty slice of summer fun when a mother, who wants her modern daughters not to marry, gets outwitted by a daughter trying to throw a surprise wedding at the family's annual 4th of July barbecue. 

If you're like me, and I KNOW you want to be, take a summer vacation and read something that sweeps you away to another place and time!

14 comments:

  1. Your books are a lot of fun! I'm glad I have some on my ereader! And Anne of Green Gables is fabulous! I just saw the book today...now where did I put it? heehee! Happy July my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got the WHOLE set of Anne of Green Gables on my Kindle - so perfect to have for summer!

      Delete
  2. You've never read the Anne series? You're going to love it! My favourite is the last one, Rilla of Ingleside, it's about Anne's youngest daugher during WWI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I didn't know they went into the second generation. I read the Little House series as a kid, but burned out on them. Geek that I am, as a teen I read lots of Star Trek books!

      Delete
  3. I have so many books I wanna read it's ridiculous!! I don't know if I will ever get to them all in my lifetime. *hahahaha* Lately I have been in the mood for Mystery books. Normally I go for funny ones...
    =) So what's your pland for the day???? DYEING SOME EGGS PERHAPS?? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking doing a red, white and Blue egg basket for the 4th of July!

      Delete
  4. Anne of Green Gables was a series? And she had a daughter? I never read it either. We've got some paperbacks from our recent plane trip,and I'm still struggling to get through Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver. She needs to step down from the pulpit once in awhile and just tell the story!

    Those cakes looks great! And a blue princess phone?! Divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I feel the same way about Barbara, more so because she lives in my home state and so we also get interviews with her telling us how we're living all wrong :) I want to quote your last sentence over and over to a whole slew of writers! ps - I have a blue princess phone, I wanted pink but how I love mine.

      Delete
  5. Easter egg dye? Girl I laugh. I still have candy canes in a jar on the counter! Ain't no flies on us...huh?
    Instead of reading, I'm trying to write, but after reading Val's comment, I'm going to try harder!
    Be cool...stay cool.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your writing. It's harder for me to do in the summer. Candy Canes? It can be said that she truly knew how to keep Christmas all year long!

      Delete
  6. I thought I would have time to read when I was on vacation with the kids! yeah....and then....well....I guess I wasn't thinking! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always something competing for our attention -kids are one of the best ones!

      Delete
  7. Reading is one of the best parts of summer! I just finished two books about France -- one is Vivian Swift's gorgeous Le Road Trip and then Slaying the Badger about a 1986 Tour de France Race. Now I'm into a Victorian mystery by Ann Grainger and contemplating the biography of George VI. Also on the agenda, some Henning Mankel Wallender books -- loved the series, time for the books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to really try and enjoy this entire summer and not stress out about the HEAT which I really don't like heat

    I am leaving on my first vacation and don't know what to expect,going to negril Jamaica have you ever been to Jamaica please tell me what to expect money wise do I take cash?

    it's always fun seeing your back in the day pictures

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...