Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Winged Whatzit

The tag said Hood Ornament. I thought it was a cheap trophy taken off its base. 




Too heavy for that. Seems pretty tall for a hood ornament (though it works well as a cat confuser)




Not actually silver. I'm pretty sure. Definitely plated with something that gives the look of sterling. 




Some small chips show a darker silver metal beneath. 
No one at the junk shop could agree except to say they wished they'd found her first. 


I added the marble base from a cheapo bowling trophy so she could stand up for the photo

Even Helen knows it's not polite to ask a lady's age but is she old? A Hood ornament? A Tinkerbell knockoff? Any ideas? 

** UPDATE *** UPDATE *** UPDATE **

It's a Platinum PIXIE AWARD (there are also gold ones)! 

Given by the American Pixel Assoc for Animation •Motion

 Graphics •Effects!!

14 comments:

  1. A sweet little fairy and a great find! Wish I could help you on her age... Love your kitty! She seems most intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put the fairy between her and her food, so yes, she was intrigued and unhappy.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL _ I KNOW. I guess if she was a hood ornament that was the driver's view!

      Delete
  3. It's a Tinkerbell Award!! Beats the hell out of me. Tell everyone it's an Emmy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I did think about making a base so it looks like I won something.

      Delete
    2. I KNEW it was some kind of award! Is it really platinum???

      Delete
  4. Wow, that is really cool, I would put it on the hood of my car! Cool find!! I hope to go antiquing with my sister when she comes to town this weekend, hope we find something fun like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Think she'd make my little CIVIC tip forward if I used it as a hood ornament! Have Fun junkin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found out - Mr OP was sure that it wasn't from a car.

    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was just tooo tall but I LOVED looking at hood ornaments trying to find her twin!

      Delete
  7. Well, How cool is that!?!! Love it-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pixie is SO CUTE! Marvelous find.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZA!!! I read your update! It's amazing! What a fabulous find!!! I'm sure you've found a special place for it, too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...