Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Not all who Wander are Lost

Not all who wander are lost, they may  have just walked out of the room and totally forgotten why they left!

Put on a cowboy shirt and dress shoes, leave something boiling on the stove - oh, look, donuts! That sounds like most mornings around my house.  

Been posting a lot on FaceBook lately because it's fast and easy.

We always say that about you, Helen, fast and easy.


Did you know that editing a book takes a lot longer than reading or writing one? Because you're both reading AND writing one! 

Not to mention all the time you spend wondering who snuck in and stuck up the writing like this, it couldn't have been YOU could it?

Just another couple of weeks and I should have some time to get my house in order.

By 'house' I mean BLOG and ONLINE stuff, of course. I gave up on my real house ages ago!
Going to try to get some more done now so I will have time to catch up reading blogs on the weekends. 


13 comments:

  1. The caption for the first picture made me laugh out loud. Oh, look, donuts. Who could help but be distracted by that wallpaper? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! And yet I am sure I thought it was gorgeous once upon a time.

      Delete
  2. Why is Linda Bird Johnson spraying Lysol!?!? Oh, maybe she's just any advertising chick in the 60s but, I'm old enough to remember LBJ and Lady Bird, Linda Bird and Lucy...who would do that to a child, name them 'Bird'?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - was it a nickname? I actually knew some "Birdie"s in my day.

      Delete
  3. I think I love editing most. There's great fun in looking at your work critically and making it more punchy or changing words or cutting what doesn't matter! And you know what? No matter how much I try to write as an editor, it's not really till that step that I pull it all together! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be that edit as you go type. When I said the end it pretty much was and my ms. were so clean they would give me to baby editors to cut their teeth on. Then I started trying to write sloppy first and fix later - both are time consuming.

      Delete
  4. Linda Bird and Lysol...too funny! And your top photo is how my youngun' says I live my life...she calls it Squirrel Brained - distracted by new, shiny objects - or donuts! Sounds like your plate is full, Helen - hope you come up for air soon! Happy Thursday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with the editing thing, it's so true! And harder still because sometimes you've been over it so much you just don't want to read it once more, for you know you'll find things you want to change. There should be a chocolate dessert made just for such instances.

    I should be cleaning now. But I am not. Oh well, I'll get over it. Hope your weekend is fun and productive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - actually I like editing because I don't have to worry about what comes NEXT but this time it's just sloooooow going.

      Delete
  6. Ugh, editing is just awful! It's like going to the dentist, necessary but incredibly unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...