Thursday, January 9, 2014

Writer's Bark!


Dear Helen Hartman,
I recently recommitted myself to blog more but now I can't think of a thing to write about. I'd love to know where you get your ideas so I can get some and get this done.


Donut: Every time my muse shows up, I bark at it and chase it away.
Bacon: I hear that's why Snoopy never finished his novel.


Dear Helen Hartman - yes, I KNOW you wrote this letter to yourself, you can't fool me - one,
Leave me alone. Honestly, your constant whining about the things you are supposed to be doing is messing with my time spent doing important things, constructive things. Like Playing with paperdolls. 

I have no idea what I am going to do with these but it was so sweet opening them up on Christmas morning!

Trying to start new fashion trends. 

80s style silk bow ties are on the comeback, right? They are if Helen says they are!


Is that a pickle on your head or are you gherkin to see me?

and trying to buy all the coolest vintage stuff in the world before anyone else gets it.

Fiesta stacking bowl - $10!



 You want to know where I get my ideas? Well, clearly, not from some inner well of wit and wisdom. So stop over-thinking it and making it into a problem and just do SOMETHING!  
This, btw, is the same advice I want to give people over and over every day: Stop dwelling, start DOING!



If it's not your best, then improve it or redo it or try something else or change your name and move to Omaha. Just STOP WHINING!

Next time on Dear Helen Hartman: Welcome to Exciting Omaha! 





17 comments:

  1. We don't really care what you write about....we just like to hear what you're thinking from time to time! We crave some good humor and you see the world through those glasses! Enjoy your day my friend! HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing we aren't at the same sales or we'd be fighting over that Fiesta bowl (and probably Esther's paper form!) Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esther is a reprint from Amazon. The bowl was a find, I'd fought for it.

      Delete
  3. When I was a kid, I thought Esther Williams was the most glamorous woman EVER! Every time I went to the public pool, I'd pretend to be her (and occasionally when I was in the blow-up plastic pool too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psssst I got myself some Esther Williams movies for myself.

      Delete
  4. Good to see you back! As Lavender Dreamer pointed out, we don't really care what you write about as long as you keep writing and bringing us cheer. Hmmm, that sounded rather selfish but I can live with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are those Ester Williams paper dolls?!?!?! Cool! I just love whatever you post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Amazon - they are fun. Also got Betty Grable and Rita Haywood.

      Delete
  6. So glad you are back!! Missed your posts!! Love the cool finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! And you're back with a bang! Is that the 11th command: "Stop dwelling, start Doing" Seriously, how did you know I was not "Doing?" :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOl - because not doing is a side effect of modern life?

      Delete
  8. Hey there, lady! Happy New Year! I was at a vintage flea market last week and not only thought of you, but mentioned you to the clerk. He just sort of blankly stared through me and motioned for me to hurry up and sign the credit card thing, but I thought I'd let you know just the same. :-)

    I'm glad you will be back more often. We all have to take a little break every so often. I did, and I'm glad of it! I'm doing it again while I break my back getting all the Christmas crap put away. (It starts out in November as "beautiful holiday treasures", but by this time...it's all pure CRAP!)

    Have a great week! Can't wait to hear your review of Omaha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great advice for the New Year just quit whining. I think you wrote this with me in mind.
    Just wanted to wish you a very Happy New Year. Hopefully we both can continue to find
    something to post about this year
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fiesta stacking bowl.....I'm jealous! Great find! Now I'm whining because I didn't find it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...