Thursday, June 12, 2014

Is there such a thing as a Barefoot Re Boot?


Home is where you can be yourself, even if you're a regular ass, and they still love you.


Nothing, and I mean, nothing reboots your soul like time spent with people you love. 

Just a few of the nefarious characters I was last seen with! 

More so if you also LIKE them.

World's tallest man, meet world's biggest blessings! (My cousin and daughter) 

Ever feel like Harry Chapin in the song W*O*L*D: "Sometimes I get this crazy dream that I just take off in my car..."?  Me too. So I did.

Oklahoma road, 3 women who can't remember where they last had their glasses (On their heads) tried to find a family farm house they hadn't seen in decades! 

Took an unscheduled trip to visit my hometown of Enid Okla and spend time with my cousins, my sister, my sister-in-law and dear friend.

Sweet! (celebrating National Donut Day)

The Bible tells us that a Merry Heart doeth good like a medicine. I could use a dose of this more often!

We have been secretly passing these decorative impalas from family member to family member for 20 years now! My brother's turn to take care of them until he finds someone to hand them off to.

Yes, I also thrifted a little. Cool scarf, huh?

10 comments:

  1. Helen, Crazy photos. LOL. I love the scarf....my gosh we wore them all the time on windy days. Why??? My girls used to pass around this picture of a boy that liked one of my daughters....he went on many vacations and even a honeymoon. LOL. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - wondering about the boy going on the honeymoon though!

      Delete
  2. Glad you had such a fun trip :) LOVE the wax lips :) I am just old enough that brings back a memory or two :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me tell ya, they don't taste like they used to!

      Delete
  3. We had a crazy family photo that we passed around for years. Good times! Looks like you had your share of good times with your family too. Glad to have you back blogging again, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love having family traditions, even the goofy ones.

      Delete
  4. Love those pictures it looks like a wonderful time.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT a hoot! Looks like you three had a ball!!! I love it-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I wish I could just up and "go home" and catch up with sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews, old friends....but I'm continents and oceans away! Great pics and what a jolly good read for me in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that scarf! Glad you had a good time. What a great way to recharge. :) Hope you are enjoying your week!

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...