Saturday, August 23, 2014

Note to Self

Dear Helen Hartman,

You saved my life when everything was falling apart. This blog gave me a place to write and have fun without the input of a dozen dysfunctional to toxic relationships telling me that no matter how hard I had worked, it wasn't ever going to be good enough. Being good  much less good enough or other people's opinions were never that important to you, dear Helen.  And when I stepped into your shoes, I was ready to kick up my heels or kick some ass and look fab doing it. 
Thank you, Helen Hartman, for giving me that.  I am sorry I've neglected you for so long now but not sorry enough to make promises I doubt I will keep ... like that I will be blogging with more regularity again any time soon. 
                                         Loved it while I was doing it but maybe it's done


Dear Loved It Until You Were Done One (IOW, a note to myself)

I get it. I really do. Helen finds herself wracked with guilt over... well, too many things to mention.

Oh, go on, mention them all, we promise we won't tell ANYONE.

But one of the things I feel the guiltiest about it that I still never seem to have time to read the blogs I once made part of my daily routine! Where does the time go?

Time sure flies when you're having rum.


I guess if I ever figure out why people make time for the things they dislike or are unhealthy or non productive over things that make them happy and healthy, I'd write a book telling people how to stop doing that and be rich.

Some ideas just seem so obvious you can't believe you didn't think of them first. Home decor, guns and ammo, lawn and garden all in one big store? Of course!
But then so far in my life writing books haven't made me rich, so maybe my thinking is flawed to start with! I hope my son had better things in store as his first book is out now 


For Kindle, in paperback the first week of Sept, other ebook formats in December! 

Pardon the proud Mama brag, just trying to get the word out because look at that face, how could you not?


PS, feel free to step into Helen's shoes whenever the need arises, but be sure you don't scuff or stretch them out because just because you can't always find HER, doesn't mean she can't always find YOU! 

9 comments:

  1. Well Helen, Congrats to your son. I never thought of you as being old enough to have a young man son. LOL. I pictured you in your 30's. Hope you never give up blog all together. You are too funny. I love it. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It takes a long time to get to be such a big smart a... I mean to get this smart!

      Delete
  2. As much as I hate to admit it, all good things do usually come to an end. I've been having conversations with myself about leaving Blog World behind myself, but I just can't seem to pull the plug yet. I just looked at my blog roll the other day and realized that out of the 44 blogs listed there, only 13 were even semi-active. It was sad to see so many fall away.

    I'll say this to you. If blogging every day keeps you out of some bad neighborhoods in your head, then start doing it again. Don't worry about writing a book to save the world. Just do that one thing for you, because we love you and Helen and want you both happy.

    I'll check out your son's book. Like you said, who can resist that face?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I feel the same way with my blog roll, it's a list of dear old friends many of whom no longer answer their 'door bells' in Blog World.

      Delete
  3. Darling Helen,

    How wonderful to see you pop up into our dashboard! We miss you, although we are very tardy in the summer months when it comes to our own blog so who are we to talk?!

    You are a unique voice in Blogland so please do not desert us for ever. Nobody blogs as you do, that is for certain.

    And, how marvellous that your son is in print. Such an achievement. And, from the title, it sounds as if he has a unique voice too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It seems the few times I have been able to venture forth into Blogland many fellow bloggers have taken time off this summer. So good to hear from you!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes life moves on in another direction and now it is your time! Move forward with joy! And congratulations on your son's success as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your son (YOU do NOT have a son that old), and his proud Mom...apple doesn't fall far from the proverbial tree! Glad to see you here, Helen - even if I am a day late and a dollar short on seeing the post! Happy week - XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took the summer off so didn't see this post. Congrats on your son's success! You did something right, Mom! It sounds like you have resolved some issues in your life. Blogging is a good "voice" when you sometimes don't have one anywhere else. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...