Tuesday, January 26, 2016

From Killer Cocktails to Catching Killers?

Dear Helen Hartman,
Where have you been? What have you been up to lately? When can we expect to hear from you again?
I'd love to know you're still out there kicking.


Dear Loved to be Kicked by Helen,

I've been mostly on FaceBook and Twitter but lately I've felt a pull to get back to more extensive writing.


Inspiration comes in many forms. The excuse to gnore my  home and family is just one aspect.

But lately I've had a couple of people ask me why Helen has never made the leap to a bigger format.

That may be the only time the name Helen Hartman and making a leap were ever used in the same sentence. I promise if Helen were ever seen leaping at all it would be a job for YOUTUBE not a Hygenic Tube

So the work has begun for a mystery series - Mid Century Murder is in early, early stages but I do think it's time Helen went from shaking her head over all the people who can't seem to do right in this world to bumping them off on the pages of a cozy mystery. 
Wait, isn't the point to have Helen SOLVE murders, not commit them?
Even better. Starting work on a series set in the mid 50s to mid 60s. And hope to chronicle progress with updates on this blog.

Day One - Here we go. Research began. First came up with clever titles. Because that was fun and Helen always likes to do the fun stuff first.
Next, bought a book on how to commit murder. I mean, how to write a murder mystery.
Turns out it's not all that different from writing romance and general fiction only the body you find in Chapter One isn't breathing heavily. It's not breathing at all. 
Day Two - more reading for me and work on another book I need to finish first then away we go. Stay posted, Helen may need you all for an alibi!

2 comments:

  1. Helen, Crazy hep Helen....I have missed you. You always made me laugh. Hope you do write a book. You should write your biography. :) Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somethings are best left to the imagination, like Helen's memoirs.

      Delete

Loved To Have Their Own Say In Things Ones say:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...